|Service area||East London|
|Service type||Bus operator|
|Routes||25 (May 2015)|
Blue Triangle is a bus company operating services in East London. It is a subsidiary of the Go-Ahead Group and operates most services under contract to Transport for London. It is the operator of the East London Transit service.
On 29 June 2007, Blue Triangle was purchased by the Go-Ahead Group. The sale included eight Transport for London and nine Essex County Council routes and approximately 60 buses, but not the charter fleet which were retained by Roger Wright trading as The London Bus Company.
In May 2016 a new garage opened in River Road, Barking. It initially opened with an allocation of 22 buses to operate route 147 but has a capacity for 155 buses. It was built on the site of a former Ford factory. In July 2016, all of the routes and buses from Rainham garage were transferred.
As at May 2015, Rainham garage operated routes 167, 193, 300, 347, 362, 364, 368, 376, 462, 498 , 608, 646, 648, 649, 650, 651, 652, 656, 667, 674, 679, 686, EL1, EL2 and W19. On 27 June 2015, route 498 passed to Stagecoach London. In July 2016 the garage closed with all operations transferred to Barking (River Road).
Previous routes operated
- Route 372 was won on a temporary contract as part replacement for route 324 which ran between Romford Market and Bluewater Shopping Centre, Blue Triangle was awarded the temporary contract using four second hand Plaxton Pointer bodied Dennis Darts. In March 2004, Blue Triangle retained the contract for another five years. This route has since passed to Stagecoach London.
- In 2001 Blue Triangle commenced operating route 248. In September 2008, the passed to Stagecoach London.
- Route 375 was won on a temporary contract as a part replacement to Essex County Council route 500, which was withdrawn between Ongar and Romford, Transport for London stepped in with this replacement service using just one bus. On 4 July 2009 this passed to Arriva Southern Counties.
- In September 2003 Blue Triangle commenced operating route 66. In September 2010 this passed to Arriva Southern Counties.
- On 3 November 2007 Blue Triangle commenced operating route 368. On 26 March 2011 this passed to First London but was re-acquired on 22 June 2013.
- In September 2001 Blue Triangle commenced operating route 648. On 3 September 2011 this route passed to First London but was re-acquired on 22 June 2013.
- In March 2012 Blue Triangle commenced operating route 20.
Blue Triangle owned a number of special vehicles including an ex Green Line AEC Routemaster, ex London Routemasters and AEC Regent III RTs for use on charter duties. These vehicles were not included in the sale to Go-Ahead Group and remain in the ownership of Roger Wright's London Bus Company.
As at May 2015, Blue Triangle's London services had a peak vehicle requirement of 131 buses.
- Companies House extract company no 3770568 Blue Triangle Buses Limited
- "No blinds needed, it's a 185" Buses issue 572 November 2002
- Acquisition of Blue Triangle Buses Limited Archived 11 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Go-Ahead Group 29 June 2007
- Companies House extract company no 6304920 The London Bus Company Limited
- oUr new garage based at River Road, Barking opened on Saturday 7 May 2016 Go-Ahead London
- "Go Ahead's 7m new Barking garage" Buses issue 736 July 2016 page 25
- "Short Hops" Buses issue 737 August 2016 page 27
- Carr, Ken (May 2015). The London Bus Guide (5 ed.). Boreham: Visions International Entertainment. p. 113. ISBN 978-0-9931735-3-0.
- Carr, Ken (May 2015). The London Bus Guide (5 ed.). Boreham: Visions International Entertainment. p. 122. ISBN 978-0-9931735-3-0.
- Bus tender results Route 372 Archived 27 September 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Transport for London 17 July 2008
- Bus tender results Route 248[permanent dead link] Transport for London 28 March 2008
- Bus tender results Route 375 Archived 27 September 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Transport for London 6 April 2009
- Bus tender results Route 66[permanent dead link] Transport for London 10 December 2009
- Bus tender results Route 368[permanent dead link] Transport for London 27 July 2010
- Bus tender results Route 648[permanent dead link] Transport for London 23 December 2010
- Bus tender results Route 20[permanent dead link] Transport for London 21 July 2011
- Welcome to The London Bus Company London Bus Company