Blue and White Front
|Founded||4 April 2009|
|European affiliation||Alliance of European National Movements|
0 / 200
0 / 13
0 / 9,674
The Blue and White Front (Finnish: Sinivalkoinen Rintama) (formerly Freedom Party – Finland's Future) (Finnish: Vapauspuolue – Suomen tulevaisuus) is an ultanationalist political party in Finland which was founded in 2009.
The VP was founded on 4 April 2009. In September 2010, leader of the Finnish People's Blue-Whites in the Turku county council, Olavi Mäenpää, joined the VP, and became the party's first city councillor. In November, Turku city councillor Maarit Rostedt of the National Coalition Party also defected to the VP, as well as former True Finns city councillor Kalevi Satopää in Salo. The party changed its name in 2013.
The party calls for a ban on construction of mosques and minarets, removal of beggars from the streets and reduction in foreign aid. It also opposes nuclear power and mandatory teaching of Swedish.
0 / 200
- "Vapauspuolueen historia lyhyesti". Freedom Party. 2 February 2011. Archived from the original on 20 July 2011. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Mäenpää vaihtaa Vapauspuolueeseen". Turun Sanomat (in Finnish). 20 September 2010. Archived from the original on 7 October 2011. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Turun valtuutettu Maarit Rostedt loikkasi Vapauspuolueeseen". Turun Sanomat (in Finnish). 29 November 2010. Archived from the original on 7 October 2011. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Satopää vapauspuolueeseen". Salon Seudun Sanomat (in Finnish). 29 November 2010. Archived from the original on 22 March 2011. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Maahanmuuttokriittinen Vapauspuolue puoluerekisteriin". YLE (in Finnish). 20 November 2010. Retrieved 3 March 2011.