|Broadcast area||United States
|Slogan||The Great Escape|
|Frequency||Sirius XM Radio 61
Dish Network 6061
|First air date||September 25, 2001|
|Format||Bluegrass, traditional country, southern gospel|
|Class||Satellite Radio Station|
|Owner||Sirius XM Radio|
Bluegrass Junction is a bluegrass music channel on Sirius XM Radio. It is billed as "America's Bluegrass Home", and primarily airs complete versions of music from many bluegrass artists. Some of those are Bill Monroe, Seldom Scene, Flatt & Scruggs, and Sam Bush. It is heard on Sirius XM Radio 61 and Dish Network 6061.
Bluegrass Junction was one of the original XM channels at launch in 2001. Sirius picked up the channel in November 2008 (replacing its own Bluegrass channel) after the two services merged. As of April 2009, the channel has changed its logo from the one you see. The new logo shows the word "BLUEGRASS" in bolder type and the word "Junction" posted on a nameplate.Also, mountains are shown in between the two words and bushes on either side. For Sirius subscribers, it is on channel 61 (previously 65), XM channel 61 (previously 14) and on Dish Network channel 6061(previously 6065). Until February 9, 2010, DirecTV carried this channel on channel 812 until they dropped the XM programming in favor of Sonic Tap.
- Gospel Grass, "The powerful sound of gospel bluegrass from artists like the Louvin Brothers, Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder."
- Grassroots is a history program featuring bluegrass legends.
- Handpicked features music and conversation with musician Del McCoury.
- The "Studio Special" Series, interviews with bluegrass artists.
- Truegrass, bluegrass music 20 years old or older, with Chris Jones
- Derailed, "A walk on the wild side", newgrass music with Ned Luberecki.
- Live from the Country Music Hall of Fame, Kyle Cantrell hosts Bluegrass stars and takes requests from the XM's studio in Nashville.