|Team history||Bluegrass Stallions (2009–)|
|Based in||Georgetown, Kentucky|
|Arena||Davis-Reid Alumni Gymnasium at Georgetown College|
|Colors||blue, white, red|
|Head coach||Jaron Brown|
The Bluegrass Stallions are a basketball team in the Premier Basketball League. They debuted in the American Basketball Association in 2009-10. The Stallions' first head coach was Kyle Macy, a former Kentucky Wildcats three-time All-American college basketball player.
Based in Lexington, Kentucky, the Stallions began playing at the indoor arena at the Kentucky Horse Park, but moved home games in January 2010 first to Corbin, KY and then to Lexington Christian Academy high school gymnasium due to conflicts with Horse Park management. They finished their turbulent inaugural season by losing in the playoff semifinals, and placing guard Bobby Perry as second team and center Lukasz Obrzut as third team all-ABA.
After the season, the Stallions attempted to form the Basketball Federation of America after a dispute with the ABA, where Stallions then-owner Tony Chase stated "The ABA will still exist, but I do not intend to be a part of that disorganized league next year. That is why this league has been formed." However, Chase sold his interest in the team to his partners, joined the PBL as CEO and the Stallions went with him to the new league. The team moved their home games to Georgetown College, in Georgetown, Kentucky.
On 19 April 2011, in a post on the forums about basketball at the "Our Sports Central" website, a poster who had previously been identified as the Bluegrass Stallions's Tony Chase stated that the Stallions had formally withdrawn from the league privately earlier.
- "Bluegrass Stallions basketball team to leave Horse Park arena". Lexington Herald-Leader. 2010-01-08. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "ABA Names Outstanding People Awards and 2010 All-ABA Teams". 2010-04-11. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- Anthony Chase Na#ed PBL CEO, "Our Sports Central", 2010-08-03, retrieved 2010-08-10
- Matthews, Bob (2010-08-10), Mike Ryba also an amazing Red Wing Check
|url=value (help), Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, retrieved 2010-08-10
- Holland, Joshua (2010-10-16), Stallions Basketball: Stallions make Georgetown new home, "Georgetown News-Graphic", retrieved 2010-10-17
- Chase, Tony (2011-04-19), Stallions, ##Our Sports Central##, retrieved 2011-04-19
|This article about a basketball team in Kentucky is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|