This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Initial release||June 30, 2014|
|Written in||Python, Java, PHP|
IBM Bluemix is a cloud platform as a service (PaaS) developed by IBM. It supports several programming languages and services as well as integrated DevOps to build, run, deploy and manage applications on the cloud. Bluemix is based on Cloud Foundry open technology and runs on SoftLayer infrastructure. Bluemix supports several programming languages including Java, Node.js, Go, PHP, Swift, Python, Ruby Sinatra, Ruby on Rails and can be extended to support other languages such as Scala through the use of buildpacks..
This section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
It took a team of people located in different places only 18 months to build Bluemix from initial concept to public availability. It was announced as a public beta in February 2014 and generally available in June.
On October 2017 , IBM announced that they are merging the Bluemix brand with the IBM Cloud brand.
Serverless using Apache OpenWhisk
IBM Bluemix includes IBM's Function as a Service (FaaS) system, or Serverless computing offering, that is built using open source from the Apache OpenWhisk incubator project largely credited to IBM for seeding. This system, equivalent to Amazon Lambda, Microsoft Azure Functions, Oracle Cloud Fn or Google Cloud Functions, allows calling of a specific function in response to an event without requiring any resource management from the developer.
- IBM Bluemix catalog
- What are the languages supported by BlueMix?
- Is the Scala language supported in BlueMix?
- Bring your buildpack
- The best way to develop new ideas at work (article), Fortune
- IBM Invests $1B to Deliver Unique Platform-as-a-Service Capabilities to Connect Enterprise Data and Applications to the Cloud (news release), IBM
- Bluemix is now IBM Cloud: Build confidently with 170+ services
- "Apache OpenWhisk project repository listing in GitHub".
- "apache/incubator-openwhisk". GitHub. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- OpenWhisk vies with AWS Lambda
|This Internet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|