|Headquarters||Austin, Texas, United States|
Bluepoint Games, Inc. is an American independent video game developer located in Austin, Texas. Vice President Andy O'Neil previously served as technical lead engineer on Metroid Prime (2002) and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (2004) titles for Nintendo of America Inc.
On August 31, 2009, it was announced that remastered versions of God of War and God of War II would be coming to the PlayStation 3 as God of War Collection. Bluepoint Games handled the port and the game was released on November 17, 2009 in North America. It was released in other regions from March to April 2010.
At the Tokyo Game Show 2010, it was announced that they would be handling a second Classics HD title port, remastering the PlayStation 2 games Ico and Shadow of the Colossus as The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for the PlayStation 3 for release in North America, Japan and Europe in September 2011. They also handled the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, which includes remastered HD versions of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, and was released November 8, 2011.
Sony Santa Monica involved Bluepoint Games in the development of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. The game was one of the first to feature some of Sony's cross platform functionality linking players from the PS3 with the PlayStation Vita. SuperBot Entertainment, the original developers of the PS3 version, built the game using the Bluepoint Engine. Bluepoint Games was brought in to develop the PlayStation Vita portion of the project.
Thanks to Bluepoint's successful co-development on PlayStation All-Stars, Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts selected Bluepoint as their co-development partner for the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall. During the early portion of Titanfall Xbox 360 development, Bluepoint remastered Flower. Flower was available at the launch of the PS4 as a digital download launch title. Bluepoint's remaster of Flower also released on the PlayStation Vita.
After Titanfall, Bluepoint Games remastered the three PS3 releases of the Uncharted franchise, bringing them to the PS4 via Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. The collection was also released as a featured bundle with the PS4 for the 2015 holiday season. Much like how Bluepoint Games remastered Flower during their time co-developing Titanfall, during the development of the Uncharted Collection Bluepoint remastered the PS4 version of Gravity Rush Remastered, which released in Japan and Asia at the end of 2015 and was released internationally in early 2016.
- "Metroid Prime (Video Game 2002)". IMDb. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (2004) GameCube credits - MobyGames". MobyGames. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "PlayStation® Official Site – PlayStation Console, Games, Accessories". Playstation. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- Yoon, Andrew. "God of War Collection coming to PS3 this holiday". Joystiq.
- Sid Shuman (December 10, 2010). "Shadow of the Colossus in 3D: Eyes On, Hands On". PlayStation Blog. Sony Computer Entertainment. Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- "Cross-Platform Features - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Wiki Guide - IGN". IGN. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- Haywald, Justin (27 January 2014). "Titanfall developer Respawn finally reveals studio working on Xbox 360 version of their game". Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection – Out October 9th on PS4". Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection PS4 Bundle Out October 9th". Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "TGS 2015: Gravity Rush will come to PS4 in December; sequel announced for 2016 [Update]". Shacknews. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Gravity Rush Remastered Coming to PS4 on February 9th, 2016". Retrieved 30 June 2017.