|Origin||Washington D.C., United States|
|Years active||1995–2002, 2008 (reuinion)|
|Associated acts||Swiz, Red Hare, Retisonic, 52X, Destiny Rocks|
|Past members||Jason Farrell
James A. Kump
Areif Dasha Sless-Kitain
Bluetip was a rock band from Washington, D.C., forming in March 1995 by ex-members of Swiz. They released four albums, an EP, and a number of singles before splitting up in January 2002. Originally, the band was to be named The Ohio Blue Tip, however the name was shortened to Bluetip early on.
Bluetip's music is a fairly accessible brand of 'post-hardcore' punk rock, but without the bleak introspection of many of their Dischord labelmates. Jason Farrell's lyrics are quite often humorous and self-mocking, and there is a notable absence of political grandstanding.
In 2001, when Farrell moved to New York, the band eventually folded. After Bluetip split up, Farrell formed a new band, Retisonic. A reunion was announced for 2008.
- Brian Clancy (guitar, 1999–2001)
- Jason Farrell (guitar/vocals)
- James A. Kump (bass)
- Areif Dasha Sless-Kitain (drums, 2000–2001)
- Dave Bryson (drums, 1998–2000)
- Zac Eller (drums, 1995–1996)
- Joe Gorelick (drums, 1996)
- Aaron Ford (drums, 1996–1998)
- Dave Stern (guitar, 1995–1999)
- Dischord No. 101 (Dischord, June 1996)
- Join Us (Dischord, November 1998)
- Polymer (Dischord, September 2000)
Singles and EPs
- Ohio 7" (Discord/Hellfire, August 1995)
- Bluetip/Kerosene 454 split 7" (Maggadee, September 1996)
- Join Us/No. 2 7" (Dischord, March 1998)
- Bluetip/NRA split 7" (B-Core Disc, November 1999)
- Hot (-) Fast (+) Union CDEP (Slowdime, May 2000)
- Post Mortem Anthem (Dischord, 2001)
- Not One Light Red: A Desert Extended (Sunset Alliance, 2002) - "Newport"
|This article on a United States punk rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|