|Born||Bluey Les Hall
7 June 1910
|Died||14 November 1939 (aged 29 years, 160 days)
Rochester, Victoria, Australia
|Known for||Oldest dog ever |
Bluey (7 June 1910 – 14 November 1939) was an Australian cattle dog owned by Les and Esma Hall of Rochester, Victoria, Australia. According to the Guinness World Records, Bluey lived 29 years, 6 months and 12 days and is the oldest dog ever verified. Two owners have made unsupported claims for the title in the press for Max and Bella.
Bluey's age, along with that of "Chilla," a mixed-breed (Labrador-Australian Cattle Dog) reported to have lived to the age of 32 years and 12 days, prompted a study of the longevity of the Australian Cattle Dog to examine if the breed might have exceptional longevity. The 100-dog survey yielded a mean longevity of 13.41 years with a standard deviation of 2.36 years. The study concluded that while the Australian Cattle Dogs do live on average of almost a year longer than most dogs of other breeds in the same weight class, the cases of Bluey and Chilla should be regarded as uncharacteristic exceptions rather than as indicators of common longevity for this entire breed.
- "Oldest dog". Guinness World Records. 2011. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- "Oldest-Living Creatures on Earth: Oldest Living Dog — Bluey". An entry. IP Factly. June 6, 2015. Retrieved December 29, 2015.
- Knapton, Sarah (2008-09-08). "Oldest dog Bella the Labrador dies – aged 29". London: Telegraph. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "The world's oldest dog dies at the age of 203 (in canine years)". London: Daily Mail. 2009-09-09. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- World's oldest pooch dies, Beaver County Times, 13 March 1984. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- Lee, P. (2011). Longevity of the Australian Cattle Dog: Results of a 100-Dog Survey. ACD Spotlight, Vol. 4, Issue 1, Spring 2011, 96-105. http://www.acdspotlight.com/
- 2004 Guinness Book of World Records
|This Australia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This dog-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|