Bluff Beach, South Australia
|Population||31 (2016 census)|
|Time zone||ACST (UTC+9:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||ACST (UTC+10:30)|
|Location||104 km (65 mi) west of Adelaide|
|LGA(s)||Yorke Peninsula Council|
|Region||Yorke and Mid North|
Bluff Beach is a locality in the Australian state of South Australia located on the west coast of Yorke Peninsula overlooking Hardwicke Bay about 104 kilometres (65 miles) west of the state capital of Adelaide. Farms near by were owned by Edwards families, who were also key pioneers in the development of Bluff Beach.
Its boundaries were created in May 1999 for the “long established name” and includes the former Bluff Beach Shack Site from which the locality’s name was derived.
As of 2015, the majority land use within the locality is agriculture. A secondary land use is conservation which concerns the strip of land immediately adjoining the coastline. A third use of land is residential use along the coastline at the site of the former shack site.
- "Search result for "Bluff Beach (Locality Bounded)" with the following layers being selected - "Suburbs and Localities", "Place names (gazetteer)" and "Road Labels"". Government of South Australia. SA0007735. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Bluff Beach". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "Postcode for Bluff Beach, South Australia". postcodes-australia.com. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Yorke and Mid North SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- Narungga (Map). Electoral District Boundaries Commission. 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Federal electoral division of Grey" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Monthly climate statistics: Summary statistics MINLATON AERO (nearest station)". Commonwealth of Australia , Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Development Plan - Yorke Peninsula Council - Consolidated – 26 November 2015" (PDF). Government of South Australia. pp. 250–252 and 381–384. Retrieved 25 February 2016.