Bluff City Law
|Bluff City Law|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||45 minutes|
Set in Memphis, Tennessee, "the series follows the lawyers of an elite Memphis law firm that specializes in the most controversial landmark civil rights cases, led by legendary lawyer Elijah Strait and his brilliant daughter, Sydney Keller."
- Jimmy Smits as Elijah Strait
- Caitlin McGee as Sydney Strait
- Barry Sloane as Jake Reilly
- Michael Luwoye as Anthony Little
- Stony Blyden as Emerson
- Jayne Atkinson as Della Bedford
- MaameYaa Boafo as Briana Logan
- Mo Gallini as Edgar Soriano
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date ||U.S. viewers|
|1||TBA||Jessica Yu||Dean Georgaris||September 23, 2019||TBD|
On January 10, 2019, it was announced that NBC had given the production a pilot order. The pilot was written by Dean Georgaris who executive produces alongside David Janollari and Michael Aguilar. Production companies involved with the pilot include David Janollari Entertainment and Universal Television. On May 6, 2019, it was announced that the production had been given a series order, together with Sunnyside. A day after that, it was announced that the series would premiere in the fall of 2019 and air on Monday night entry in the 2019–2020 television season at 10:00 p.m. The daily newspaper in Memphis, The Commercial Appeal, reported by June that the series would likely be filmed on location in the city, beginning on July 22, for its initial order of 10 episodes. The series is set to debut on September 23, 2019. On August 8, 2019, NBC ordered six extra episodes, bringing the episode order to 16.
In February 2019, it was announced that Jimmy Smits, Caitlin McGee, Barry Sloane, and Michael Luwoye had been cast in the pilot's lead roles. Alongside the pilot's order announcement, in March 2019 it was reported that Stony Blyden, Jayne Atkinson and MaameYaa Boafo had joined the cast.
On May 12, 2019, NBC released the first official trailer for the series.
- Pederson, Erik (June 17, 2019). "NBC Fall Premiere Dates: 'The Voice', 'This Is Us', New 'Bluff City Law' & 'Sunnyside', More". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 17, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie (10 January 2019). "NBC Orders Rashomon-Inspired 'Prism' & 'Bluff City Law' Legal Drama Pilots". Deadline Hollywood.
- "Bluff City Law – Listings". The Futon Critic. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 28, 2019). "Jude Weng & Jessica Yu Land Milestone Directing Gigs In Strong Pilot Season For Director Diversity". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 18, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie (7 May 2019). "Drama 'Bluff City Law' Starring Jimmy Smits & Kal Penn Comedy 'Sunnyside' Picked Up to Series by NBC". Deadline Hollywood.
- Andreeva, Nellie; Patten, Dominic (12 May 2019). "NBC Fall 2019–20 Schedule: Not a Lot of Change for Top-Rated Network, 'Will & Grace' & 'Manifest' Held for Midseason". Deadline Hollywood.
- Beifuss, John (3 June 2019). "NBC's 'Bluff City Law' to shoot in Memphis". The Commercial Appeal. Memphis. Retrieved 2019-06-04.
- Goldberg, Lesley (August 8, 2019). "'Bluff City Law' Gets Additional Script Orders at NBC (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 8, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie (25 February 2019). "Jimmy Smits to Star in NBC Legal Drama Pilot 'Bluff City Law'". Deadline Hollywood.
- Andreeva, Nellie; Petski, Denise (14 February 2019). "'Bluff City Law': Caitlin McGee To Star In NBC Legal Drama Pilot". Deadline Hollywood.
- Andreeva, Nellie (28 February 2019). "'Bluff City Law': Barry Sloane & Michael Luwoye to Co-Star In NBC Pilot". Deadline Hollywood.
- Petski, Denise (9 March 2019). "Keiko Agena Joins 'Prodigal Son'; 'Bluff City Law' Casts Stony Blyden". Deadline Hollywood.
- Petski, Denise (12 March 2019). "'Bluff City Law': Jayne Atkinson Cast In NBC Drama Pilot". Deadline Hollywood.
- Petski, Denise (18 March 2019). "'Bluff City Law: MaameYaa Boafo Cast In NBC Drama Pilot". Deadline Hollywood.
- Petski, Denise (May 12, 2019). "NBC New Series Trailers: 'Bluff City Law', 'Perfect Harmony', 'Sunnyside'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 12, 2019.