The Head logo of Blur Studio
|Headquarters||Culver City, California|
Blur Studio is an American visual effects, animation and design company. Blur produces 3D character animation, motion design and visual effects for feature films and television, game cinematics and trailers, large format films, location-based entertainment, commercials and integrated media. The company is located in Culver City, California.
Blur made several CGI animated cutscenes for the adventure platform game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), created all the space sequences in James Cameron's 2009 film Avatar, and produced trailers for LucasArts' Star Wars: The Old Republic and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II. They were also responsible for the cinematic trailers of Batman: Arkham City, Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman: Arkham Knight. They remastered Halo 2 cutscenes for Halo: The Master Chief Collection (2014) and produced the cutscenes for Halo Wars 2 (2017) after doing so for Halo Wars (2009).
- "Blur Studio About | Animation, Design, VFX". Vz3.blur.com. Archived from the original on 2011-06-11. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- Intergraph Computer Systems (February 12, 1997). "Intergraph Workstations Play Starring Role in "The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest" at Blur Studio". Business Wire. The Free Library. Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- Felperin, Leslie (September 1999). "South Park Bigger Longer & Uncut". Sight and Sound. British Film Institute. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) — Art of the Title". Artofthetitle.com. 2012-02-21. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "Blur Studio: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo ~ Titles (2012) | ventilate". Ventilate.ca. 2012-01-10. Archived from the original on 2012-06-23. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "Blur Studio: Bring Sonic to Life With Morph-O-Matic". Di-O-Matic.com. Archived from the original on April 8, 2016. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- Dornbush, Jonathon (November 10, 2014). "'Master Chief Collection' developers discuss 10-year evolution of 'Halo 2' cinematics". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- "Halo Wars 2 BLUR". BLUR Studio. June 14, 2016. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- "Halo Wars BLUR". BLUR Studio. 2009. Retrieved July 26, 2016.