Blush: The Search for the Next Great Makeup Artist
|Blush: The Search For the Next Great Makeup Artist|
|Created by||Lori Aronsohn
|Presented by||Vanessa Marcil|
|Theme music composer||Jeff Lippencott
Mark T. Williams
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Executive producer(s)||Chris Dorne
|Running time||60 mins. (approx)|
|Original release||November 11, 2008 – December 16, 2008|
Blush: The Search For the Next Great Makeup Artist is an American reality television show on Lifetime Television. The show is hosted by actress Vanessa Marcil, best known for her Emmy Award-winning role on General Hospital.
Nine aspiring makeup artists try to outdo one another for a one-year contract as a professional with Max Factor, $100,000 in cash, and a chance to show off their skills in a major glossy magazine cover shoot. The series premiered on November 11, 2008 and continues to air Tuesdays at 10:00 PM.
Mentors and judges
- Charlie Green - professional makeup artist
- Hal Rubenstein - fashion director of In Style magazine
- Joanna Schlip - professional makeup artist
- Dannii Minogue - Australian international singer - guest judge
- Maxi (eliminated Episode 6)
- Todd Homme (eliminated Episode 6)
- Farah Carter (eliminated Episode 5)
- Maura "Mo" Lewitts (eliminated Episode 4)
- Myke Michaels (eliminated Episode 3)
- Sharzad Kiadeh (eliminated Episode 3)
- Rainell Chivonne (eliminated Episode 2)
- Jessica Millington (eliminated Episode 1)
|Nolan||BTM 3||IN||IN||WIN||BTM 2*||WIN|
|Maxi||IN||BTM 3||BTM 3||IN||WIN||2ND|
|Farah||BTM 2||WIN||IN||BTM 2||OUT|
- Green indicates the artist won the competition.
- Pink indicates the artist was the runner-up.
- immunity from elimination. Blue indicates the artist won the Max challenge and received
- Purple indicates the artist won the elimination challenge and was safe at elimination.
- White indicates the artist was safe at elimination.
- Yellow indicates the artist was in the bottom three, but declared safe at elimination.
- Orange indicates the artist was in the bottom two, but declared safe at elimination.
- Red indicates the artist was eliminated.
- Sharzad was eliminated at an impromptu elimination challenge in place of the Max challenge.
- Nolan won the Max challenge in week 5, but did not receive immunity and was in the bottom 2 at elimination.
- Todd Homme Dies at 23 December 15, 2008
- Official website at Mylifetime.com
- Blush: The Search For the Next Great Makeup Artist at the Internet Movie Database
- Blush: The Search For the Next Great Makeup Artist at TV.com