BoBoiBoy Movie 2
|BoBoiBoy Movie 2|
Official theatrical poster
|Vietnamese: BoBoiBoy 2: Cuộc Chiến Ngân Hà|
|Directed by||Nizam Razak|
|Written by||Nizam Razak|
Anas Abdul Aziz
|Based on||BoBoiBoy by Nizam Razak|
|Starring||Nur Fathiah Diaz|
Fadzli Mohd Rawi
Wong Pak Lin
Anas Abdul Aziz
Dzubir Mohammed Zakaria
Nur Sarah Alisya
Yap Ee Jean
Wong Wai Kay
|Music by||Yuri Wong|
|Distributed by||Astro Shaw|
|Box office||RM30 million|
BoBoiBoy Movie 2 is a 2019 Malaysian computer-animated superhero comedy film directed by Nizam Razak. The film follows BoBoiBoy and friends as they have to fight an ancient villain named Retak’ka who wants to take over BoBoiBoy's elemental powers.
It is the second film to be produced by Animonsta Studios from sequel of BoBoiBoy: The Movie (2016). It is a standalone sequel to the first season of BoBoiBoy Galaxy. It is co-written by Nizam himself and Anas Abdul Aziz. This is the first film to use settings and characters from BoBoiBoy Galaxy.
It was released simultaneously in 4 countries, including Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, and Singapore on 8 August 2019. The Vietnamese dub version of the film was released in Vietnam on 30 August 2019.
BoBoiBoy and his friends Yaya, Ying, Gopal, and Fang are 19-year-old teenagers who all have different unique superpowers. BoBoiBoy has seven elemental powers: Fire, Water, Lightning, Wind, Leaf, Earth and Light. Power Spheres are robots that contain powers and are protectors of the galaxy. Together they travel the galactic world in a spaceship to save Power Spheres that are controlled by the evil.
In this film, BoBoiBoy and his friends are being hunted by an ancient villain named Retak’ka who wants to seize BoBoiBoy's elemental powers. He is the original user of BoBoiBoy’s elemental powers and now he seeks to take back his full powers to become the most powerful one and dominate the galaxy. The team must find a way to stop and defeat Retak’ka from taking BoBoiBoy's powers and destroying the Galaxy.
- Nur Fathiah Diaz as BoBoiBoy
- Fadzli Mohd Rawi as Retak'ka
- Wong Pak Lin as Hang Kasa
- Dzubir Mohammed Zakaria as Gopal
- Nizam Razak as Papa Zola
- Ieesya Isandra as Pipi Zola
- Nur Sarah Alisya as Yaya
- Yap Ee Jean as Ying
- Wong Wai Kay as Fang
- Anas Abdul Aziz as Cici Ko, Adu Du, Probe, Tok Aba and Encik Kumar
- Muhammad Abdurrahman Solahuddin as Ochobot
- Hazwani Hamizah Mahayuddin as Ayu Yu
- Nur Iman Andaliz as Tarung
The director Nizam Razak stated that the process of filmmaking for this second film is faster than the first film and only took one year to be finished. They enforced a 12-month deadline to see if they can make a film without jeopardising the quality or the storyline of the animation. He admitted there is pressure in completing the movie on time but his production team of 100 people managed to do that within that time. They used better technology such as Redshift and comprehensive simulation method even though the cost will be higher to give the best quality to the audience. If the reaction to this film is positive, they plan to make movies consistently, with a new film every one year or every one-and-a-half year.
|"Fire & Water"|
|Single by Faizal Tahir|
|from the album Rojak|
|Released||27 June 2019|
|Label||Faithful Music Sdn Bhd|
|Faizal Tahir singles chronology|
The official song for this movie is created and sung by Faizal Tahir after he was offered to sing the song from Animonsta Studios. He described the opportunity to sing the movie theme song as a platform to approach young fans. Its official lyric video was released on 27 June 2019 and the music video was released on 26 July 2019. The iTunes release came on 2 August 2019, alongside all songs in his newest and last album, Rojak.
Before the release of BoBoiBoy: The Movie in 2016, Nizam Razak stated that they already have their ideas for the second film.
Initially, this would be the first Malaysian film to be released simultaneously in 5 countries including Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, Singapore, and Vietnam. However, the Vietnam release was postponed to 30 August to make a full Vietnamese dub version. For the Indonesian market, it is distributed by CBI Pictures while for the Vietnamese market, the film is distributed by CGV Cinemas and Mani Entertainment. It will be screened in more than 500 cinemas, consists of over 144 cinemas in Malaysia, 8 in Singapore, 4 in Brunei, 150 in Indonesia and 120 in Vietnam.
|Days of screening||Cumulative sales in Malaysia|
|1 day (8 August)||RM1.18 million|
|5 days (12 August)||RM9.90 million|
|8 days (15 August)||RM15.80 million|
|11 days (18 August)||RM21 million|
|18 days (25 August)||RM25 million|
|26 days (2 September)||RM27.70 million|
|70 days (18 October)||RM29.57 million|
Monsta targets the film to collect more than the first film (RM15.70 million) as the number of cinemas that show this film is higher. This film collected the biggest-grossing local animation film on its first day, raking in RM1.18 million. It successfully achieved its target by overtaking the first movie after just 8 days, collecting RM15.80 million. In 18 days, the film has collected RM25 million within three weeks. It has overtaken Upin & Ipin: Keris Siamang Tunggal (2019) to be the 4th highest-grossing local film in Malaysia and the highest-grossing animation film in Malaysia, including all local and international animation films, after collecting RM27.70 million for 26 days. However, the title of the highest-grossing animation film in Malaysia did not hold for too long as Ejen Ali: The Movie and Frozen II have surpassed it after only 3 months, which grossed RM 30.8 million and RM 41.67 million respectively.
In 70 days, BoBoiBoy Movie 2 has reached RM30 million (US$7.4 million) for Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore and Vietnam with RM29.57 million (US$7.3 million) to be the 3rd highest-grossing local film within Malaysia at that time.
Awards and Nominations
|2020||Malaysia Film Festival||Best Animated Film||BoBoiBoy Movie 2||Nominated|||
|2020||Laurus Film Festival||Best Photo/Poster||BoBoiBoy Movie 2||Won|
|2020||Laurus Film Festival||Best Trailer/Teaser||BoBoiBoy Movie 2||Won|
|2020||New York Animation Film Awards||Best Animation 3D Film||BoBoiBoy Movie 2||Nominated|
|2020||Florence Film Awards||Best Animated Film||BoBoiBoy Movie 2||Nominated|
- "Info Filem BoBoiBoy Movie 2" Illuminasi. 16 July 2019. Retrieved on 19 July 2019.
- "|| BoBoiBoy Movie 2 - RM30 MILLION‼ ||" Facebook. 18 October 2019. Retrieved on 18 October 2019.
- "BOBOIBOY 2: CUỘC CHIẾN NGÂN HÀ" CGV Cinemas Vietnam. Retrieved on 18 August 2019.
- "Oh boy! BoBoiBoy is back with another movie this August" Star2.com. 12 July 2019. Retrieved on 20 July 2019.
- "Penuh Emosi & Kejutan Berganda! Ini Perkara Anda Perlu Tahu Sebelum Menonton BoBoiBoy Movie 2" Gempak. 23 July 2019. Retrieved on 25 July 2019.
- "Filem BoBoiBoy Movie 2 ditayangkan serentak lima negara" Harian Metro. 25 June 2019. Retrieved on 20 July 2019.
- "Faizal Tahir dekati peminat muda" Berita Harian. 26 June 2019. Retrieved on 20 July 2019.
- "BoBoiBoy Movie 2 OST || Fire & Water - Faizal Tahir (Official Lyric Video)" YouTube. 27 June 2019. Retrieved on 20 July 2019.
- "BoBoiBoy Movie 2 OST || Fire & Water - Faizal Tahir (Official Music Video)" YouTube. 26 July 2019. Retrieved on 28 July 2019.
- "Lebih hebat, beremosi di pawagam" Harian Metro. 30 January 2016. Retrieved on 20 July 2019.
- "BOBOIBOY 2: CUỘC CHIẾN NGÂN HÀ - OFFICIAL TRAILER | KC: 30.08.2019" YouTube. 12 August 2019. Retrieved on 14 August 2019.
- "#Showbiz: 'BoBoiBoy Movie 2' to open in 5 countries on Aug 8" New Straits Times. 25 June 2019. Retrieved on 20 July 2019.
- "Bigger, Bolder, Stronger! BoBoiBoy Movie 2 Hits the Screens with More Drama and Actions!" Xtra. 29 July 2019. Retrieved on 31 July 2019.
- "Cecah pungutan RM1.18 juta di hari pertama, BoBoiBoy Movie 2 cipta rekod filem animasi tempatan" Astro Awani. 9 August 2019. Retrieved on 9 August 2019.
- "Baru 5 hari, Boboiboy Movie 2 sudah kutip RM9.9 juta" Astro Awani. 13 August 2019. Retrieved on 13 August 2019.
- "BoBoiBoy Movie 2 sudah raih RM15.8 juta selepas lapan hari tayangan!" Astro Awani. 16 August 2019. Retrieved on 27 August 2019.
- "Wow! 11 hari tayangan, BoBoiBoy Movie 2 raih RM21 juta" Astro Awani. 19 August 2019. Retrieved on 27 August 2019.
- "Terus Membara! 3 Minggu Tayangan, BoBoiBoy Movie 2 Raih RM25 Juta" Gempak. 26 August 2019. Retrieved on 27 August 2019.
- "Boboiboy Movie 2 filem animasi tempatan terlaris" Berita Harian. 3 September 2019. Retrieved on 4 September 2019.