Originally a trumpeter, he organized his band playing local dances and parties. He then went on to play tenor saxophone. In 1952, he played with Joe Houston, then in 1953 recorded with Joe Liggins. In the 1950s, he led a trio with the pianist-organist Teddy Woods and drummer Bobby Pittman, recording for Cash Records then for Imperial in 1959-60.
In 1978, he played on a Joe Houston recording session (Kicking Back on Big Town 1004).
- Diane (Imperial)
- Enchanted Evening (Imperial)
- Tender Moments (Imperial)
- The Aladdin/Imperial Labels: A Discography (Michel Ruppli, 1991)
- Rhambo, Ewell Goldwyn. "California, Death Index, 1940-1997". FamilySearch.org. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Billboard Magazine review, March 9, 1957 (on Google Books)