Eugenio Isabelo Tomas Reyes Sanchez Jr.
July 11, 1966
|Occupation||Catholic lay preacher, entrepreneur, author|
|Organization||Light of Jesus Family|
|Children||Benedict Sanchez, Francis Sanchez|
Eugenio Isabelo Tomas Reyes Sanchez Jr. or widely known as Bo Sanchez is a best-selling author, entrepreneur, Catholic lay preacher and minister. He is known as the "Preacher in Blue Jeans".
On September 9, 1980, the Light of Jesus held their first prayer meeting at the Sanchez home in Quezon City. On September 16, at the second prayer meeting of the group, 13-year old Bo Sanchez gave his first talk. He has not stopped preaching since.
His work as a lay preacher has brought him all over the world. Bo has received many recognitions and awards in the Philippines and the Church. These include winning the Ten Outstanding Young Men award in 2006 and the Serviam Award, the highest award a lay Catholic may receive, from the Catholic Mass Media Awards in 2007.
He is the founder of one of the religious communities in the Philippines, the Light of Jesus Family. The community, as of 2016, has 35,000 members in the Philippines and the rest of the world Through this, he founded two gatherings, the annual inspirational convention Kerygma Conference (which was founded on 2006) and the weekly fellowship and worship called "The Feast" in 200 areas in the country and other parts of the world.
- "'Pinoy's Big Bother Conspiracy Edition'". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 7 April 2006. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- San Diego Jr., Bayani (19 May 2012). "Joyce of summer". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "Preacher in Blue Jeans". The Manila Times. 4 April 2007. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "The Preacher in Blue Jeans, Bo Sanchez, welcomes Powerhouse into his home". GMA News Online (in Filipino). 19 February 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Saunders, Virginia S. (2012). Enter the Holy Spirit, Exit Me. WestBow Press. ISBN 978-1-4497-5395-5.
- Santiago, Cynthia (26 February 2012). "Bo Sanchez: Preacher in Blue Jeans wants disciples to develop financial literacy". The Manila Times. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- Sanchez, Bo. "Why I Look Like Tom Cruise". BoSanchez.ph
- De Vera, Ruel S. (1 June 2006). "Bo Sanchez brings you the Word made fresh". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "Bo Sanchez says God's love helped him overcome pain of sexual abuse". GMA News Online. 27 February 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Kerygma Conference 2010 set". philSTAR.com. 11 October 2010. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Doyo, Ma. Ceres P. (7 October 2012). "In God we trust-also in stocks". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 4 April 2013.