|Birth name||Bo Stief|
|Born||October 15, 1946|
|Occupation(s)||Double bassist, Composer, Arranger|
|Associated acts||Miles Davis, Stan Getz, Dizzy Gillespie, Dexter Gordon, Johnny Griffin, Jackie McLean, Ben Webster, Kenny Drew|
He has worked or recorded with Don Cherry, Miles Davis, Stan Getz, Dizzy Gillespie, Dexter Gordon, Johnny Griffin, Jackie McLean, George Russell, Kenny Drew and Ben Webster, among many other prominent jazz musicians.
Since 1980 Stief has been leading bands as Chasing Dreams, Dream Machine or One Song III.
In 2005 he was awarded the Danish Django d’Or as Master of Jazz.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2015)
- Swingin' Till the Girls Come Home (SteepleChase, 1976)
With Miles Davis
- Aura (Columbia, 1985 )
With the Jasper van't Hof Quintet
- Eyeball (CMP, 1980)
With Dexter Gordon
- The Squirrel (Blue Note, 1967 )
- With Eddie Harris
- Steps Up (SteepleChase, 1981)
With Ken McIntyre
- Hindsight (SteepleChase, 1974)
With Jackie McLean
With Ben Webster
- My Man: Live at Montmartre 1973 (SteepleChase, 1973)
- International Who's Who in Popular Music 2002. Europa Publications. ISBN 1-85743-161-8. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- Allen, Clifford. "Don Cherry: Live At Cafe Montmartre 1966". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- Flanagan, Graham (2007-10-06). "Kenny Drew: Farmer's Market; Undercurrent and In Copenhagen". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
|This article about a Danish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a jazz musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a double bass player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|