|Industry||sports and medical|
|Headquarters||Denver, Colorado, USA|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Boa Technology Inc., creators of the revolutionary, award-winning Boa System, delivers closure and adjustment solutions purpose-built for performance. Featured in products across the golf, athletic, outdoor, snow sports, cycling, utility, and medical categories, the patented Boa System consists of three integral parts: a micro-adjustable dial, super-strong lightweight laces, and low friction lace guides. Each unique configuration is engineered to optimize fit and provide precision, adaptability, and control, and The Boa System dials and laces are backed by The Boa Guarantee. In collaboration with its market-leading brand partners, Boa is driven to make the world’s best gear even better. Boa Technology Inc. is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices in Austria, Hong Kong, China, South Korea, and Japan."
Boa Technology Inc. has been in operation since 2001.
Boa Technology is suspected of editing Wikipedia for advertising purposes, as seen in this screenshot of this page, taken on 7/8/2017.
Gary Hammerslag's initial inspiration for the company was the creation of laces for footwear that would stay tied and not come undone during physical activity. In 2001 the first boot-systems featuring the Boa laces were produced by Vans and K2's snowboard divisions. In 2002 DC implemented the laces into its boot-systems for snowboard boots as well. By 2004 the company moved into the cycling industry, and next into the golf industry in 2005. The lace closure systems were also integrated into other products, including trail running shoes and more general outdoor footwear. This included winter boots, hiking boots, hunting boots, and work boots. Boa has also been used by endorsed athletes in both the Olympic Games and the X-Games.
In 2011 Boa Technology changed the name of its patented closure system from the "Boa Lacing System" to the "Boa Closure System", in reaction to the use of Boa Technology on non-footwear items such as helmets, motorcycle gloves, hydration packs, medical braces, and other apparel. By 2012 Boa Technology was used in one third of all the snowboard boots produced globally, and more than 70 riders in the Tour de France used the Boa Closure System. In 2017, to reflect the expanded growth, refined innovations, and continued partnerships, Boa launched a new corporate branding and visual identity, releasing globally in February 2017.
The Medical Business Unit of Boa was founded in 2011, and led by Jimmy Capra. The unit was opened in order to facilitate additional partnerships in the orthopedic and prosthesis device marketplace, in addition to providing use for additional medical technologies. The Boa Closure System has also been used in spinal bracing, created for individuals with medical problems with their back or neck. The closure system allows physicians or patients to custom fit the braces more precisely.
The CEO of Boa was Gary Hammerslag until 2012, when President Mark Soderberg became CEO during the funding deal with Glenbrook Consumer Partners. Gary Hammerslag remains Chairman of the company.
- Ritschl, Carlo. [Read more at http://www.grindtv.com/transworld-business/boa-technology-launches-new-brand-identity/#PHXkfIHuhKKmzWke.99 "Associate Digital Marketing Manager"] Check
|url=value (help). grindtv.com. GrindTv. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Jason Blevins (July 10, 2012). "Boa Technology's lacing system lands big investor, grows beyond shoes". Denver Post. Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- "Boa Technology History". Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- Bill Miller (July 25, 2012). "Hunters Benefit From Boa Technology". NBC. Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- Kepley DePalma (January 11, 2013). "BOA TECHNOLOGY: 2012/13 SNOWBOARD BOOT PREVIEW". Transworld Business. Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- "FootJoy's ReelFit technology brings greater stability to golf shoes". WorldGolf.com. September 11, 2006. Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- "Boa Technology Changes Name". Bicycle Retailer. April 14, 2011. Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- ritschl, carlo. [Read more at http://www.grindtv.com/transworld-business/boa-technology-launches-new-brand-identity/#PHXkfIHuhKKmzWke.99 "associate digital marketing manager"] Check
|url=value (help). GrindTV. GrindTV. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "Boa Technology launches medical business unit to expand category presence, support existing partners". Orthopedics Today. June 14, 2011. Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- "DJO Global introduces new splinting, spinal bracing product lines". Orthopedics Today. Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- Katelyn Norcross (July 19, 2011). "BOA EXPANDS & RESTRUCTURES TEAM". Transworld Business. Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- "Company Overview of Boa Technology, Inc.". Businessweek. Retrieved April 4, 2013.