Board of Secondary Education, Madhya Pradesh
|Type||Governmental Board of School Education|
|Headquarters||Bhopal, MP, India|
|Hindi, English & Urdu|
The MPBSE is a Madhya Pradesh government body responsible for determining the policy-related, administrative, cognitive, and intellectual direction of the state's higher educational system. The board regulates and supervises the system of Intermediate education in Madhya Pradesh State. It executes and governs various activities that include devising of courses of study, prescribing syllabus, conducting examinations, granting affiliations to colleges. MPBSE also provides direction, support and leadership for all educational institutions under its jurisdiction. It also runs model schools such as the Model High, TT Nagar.
The Madhya Pradesh Legislature, in the sixteenth year of the Republic of India, enacted an Act for the establishment of a Board in order to regulate Secondary Education in Madhya Pradesh and other ancillary matters. In 1965 this autonomous body was established under The Madhya Pradesh Secondary Education Act, 1965.
- To grant affiliation/recognition to schools.
- To prescribe courses and text books at High school and Intermediate level.
- To conduct High school and Intermediations.
- To provide equivalence to the examinations conducted by other Boards.
The MPBSE prescribes the syllabus, for students from Standard IX to Standard XII, for schools affiliated with it & exams whose scores are necessary to gain admission in higher study institutes.
- Sanskrit, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, Sindhi, Malayalam, Persian, Arabic, French, Russian, Kannada or Oriya can be chosen as a language subject in addition to the compulsory Hindi and English languages.
It conducts three board examinations: the Middle School Exam for Standard VIII, High School Certificate Examination for standard X and the Higher Secondary (School) Certificate (HSC) Exam for standard XII, which is a school-leaving examination.
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), India
- Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), India
- Indian School Certificate (ISC),India
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), India
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC), India
- "Board of Secondary Education, Madhya Pradesh".
- "Result Processing System" (PDF). National Informatics Center. Retrieved 2 October 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "NIC States". National Informatics Center, Govt. of India. Archived from the original on 8 January 2013. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "THE MADHYA PRADESH SECONDARY EDUCATION ACT,1965". Madhya Pradesh Legislature. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "बारहवीं का रिजल्ट 25 तक". Dainik Bhaskar. Retrieved 2 October 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "MP Govt transfers ten IAS officers". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 and 12 Exam 2017: Datesheet released at mpbse.nic.in
- "High School Certificate Examination, Madhya Pradesh". National Informatics Center. Archived from the original on 9 October 2010. Retrieved 2 October 2010.