Boat people (disambiguation)
|Look up boat people or boat person in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Boat people most often refers to the Vietnamese refugees, who fled South Vietnam in 1978 and 1979 during and after its unsuccessful defense against the North.
Boat people may also refer to:
Other refugees fleeing by boat or ship
- African immigration to Europe by the Mediterranean sea
- Illegal immigration in Australia by sea
- Rohingya people fleeing Burma to Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand by sea
Various ethnicities who live largely or principally on boats, particularly in East Asia
- The Tanka (China) or Dan (Vietnam) people, the main such ethnic group
- The Hoklo or Hokkien (China), some of whom traditionally lived as similar boat people
- Boat People (film), a 1982 Hong Kong film about Vietnamese refugees in the territory
- The Boat People (band), an indie pop band from Australia named for the refugees
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Boat people.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.