November 8, 1943 |
Tel Aviv, Israel
|Occupation||Director, producer, writer|
Davidson started his career by directing the television show Lool (1969) and the movie Shablul (1971). Later he directed Israeli cult films such as Charlie Ve'hetzi (1974) and Hagiga B'Snuker (1975). In 1974 he directed the film Mishpahat Tzan'ani. He directed the first four films in the Eskimo Limon series (Eskimo Limon (1978), Yotzim Kavua (1979), Shifshuf Naim (1981), Sapiches (1982). Eskimo Limon was entered into the 28th Berlin International Film Festival in 1978.
In 1983, Davidson directed Basis Sababa which is based on Sapiches. In 1986 he directed the cult film Alex Holeh Ahavah.
Davidson continued to work in the United States as a producer and a screenwriter. He was involved in producing several major films including 16 Blocks, The Wicker Man, The Black Dahlia, 2008's Rambo and The Expendables. He is also listed as a producer in the thriller Trespass.
- Charlie Ve'hetzi (1974)
- Hagiga B'Snuker (1975)
- Lemon Popsicle (1978)
- Hospital Massacre (1982)
- The Last American Virgin (1982)
- Alex Holeh Ahavah (1986)
- Going Bananas (1987)
- Salsa (1988)
- American Cyborg: Steel Warrior (1994)
- 16 Blocks (2006) - Producer
- The Wicker Man (2006) - Producer
- The Black Dahlia (2006) - Producer
- Rambo (2008) - Producer
- The Expendables (2010) - Producer
- Trespass (2011) - Producer
- Hercules: The Legend Begins (2014) - Producer
- Criminal (2016) - Producer
- Boyka: Undisputed (2017) - Producer