Bob's Your Uncle (band)
Bob's Your Uncle was a Canadian alternative rock band formed in Vancouver. The band consisted of band founder guitarist Jamie Junger, vocalist and guitarist Sook-Yin Lee, bassist Bernie Radelfinger, harmonica player Peter Lizotte and drummer John Rule. Later to be replaced by drummer Karl Cardosa Aka Charles Pinto. The band's music was characterized by Lee's strong voice and lyrics, and with rock, jazz and blues instrumental accompaniment.
The band released its first single, "Talk to the Birds", in 1985, and subsequently released their debut self-titled album in 1986. The band's second album, Tale of Two Legs, came out in 1990, and the band toured in Ontario in support. The band released one more album, Cages, on an independent label.
After Bob's Your Uncle disbanded, Junger founded a follow up band called the Wingnuts, toured with several artists, and pursued a solo career.
- "Talk to the Birds" (1985)
|1986||Bob's Your Uncle||Criminal Records and Tapes|
|1990||Tale of Two Legs||Doctor Dream Records|
- "CANOE - JAM! Music - Pop Encyclopedia - Bob's Your Uncle". Jam.canoe.ca. 2006-03-18. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "Musicians gearing up for folk festival". LighthouseNow, Aug 27, 2014, page B3, Paula Levy.
- Ruhlmann, William. "Bob's Your Uncle - Music Biography, Credits and Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- " Bob's Your Uncle Cages". AllMusic Review by Sean Carruthers
- "TWO BANDS WORTH SEEING ON A SUNDAY NIGHT." Buffalo News By SHARON I. FAWLEY Oct 14, 1988
- "Uncle Bobby's Tale of Two Legs". The Corc, Wilfred Laurier University, October 18, 1990. page 16.
- "I Want Your Job: Sook-Yin Lee, Renaissance Woman". Torontoist, By Sean O'Neill June 17, 2010