Beyer in 2013 as a Golden State Warriors assistant coach
|Born||December 10, 1961|
LeRoy, New York
|2001–2003||Texas Tech (asst.)|
|2003–2004||Toronto Raptors (asst.)|
|2007–2012||Orlando Magic (asst.)|
|2012–2013||Golden State Warriors (asst.)|
|2013–2014||Charlotte Bobcats (asst.)|
|2014–2018||Detroit Pistons (asst.)|
|2018–2019||Oklahoma City Thunder (asst.)|
|2019–present||Sacramento Kings (asst.)|
Robert C. Beyer (born December 10, 1961) is an American basketball coach, currently serving as an assistant coach for the Sacramento Kings of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Beyer has previously served as head coach at Siena College.
Early life and education
Beyer was born in LeRoy, New York and graduated from Alfred University in 1984 with a bachelor's degree in history with minors in coaching, writing, and secondary education. At Alfred, Beyer played three seasons on the basketball team before suffering a career-ending injury. Beyer served as assistant coach to the team as a senior in the 1983–84 season. Beyer then earned his master's degree in curriculum planning and development from the University of Albany in 1989.
As a graduate student at Albany, Beyer was an assistant coach for the Albany Great Danes men's basketball team from 1985 to 1989. Beyer then was an assistant coach at Siena College from 1989 to 1993 and the University of Wisconsin from 1993 to 1994. Beyer returned to Siena to be head coach from 1994 to 1997. He returned to the assistant coaching ranks with Northwestern University from 1997 to 2000. Under Bob Knight, Beyer was an assistant coach at Texas Tech from 2001 to 2003. For the 2003–04 season, Beyer was an assistant coach with the Toronto Raptors of the NBA; he was an advance scout the next season.
On July 1, 2013, Beyer was hired by the Charlotte Bobcats as an assistant coach for the 2013–14 season.
Head coaching record
|Siena Saints (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) (1994–1997)|
- "Bob Beyer". NBA. Retrieved June 8, 2013.
- "Bob Beyer Named to Basketball Staff". Texas Tech Red Raiders. April 11, 2001. Retrieved June 8, 2013.
- Ewing, Malone, Clifford, Beyer hired as Magic coaches July 3, 2007
- "Warriors Hire Bob Beyer As Assistant Coach". Golden State Warriors. Retrieved June 8, 2013.
- "Bobcats name Patrick Ewing, Bob Beyer, Stephen Silas, Bob Weiss, Mark Price as assistant coaches". Archived from the original on 2013-09-08. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- Detroit Pistons Add Four Members to Basketball Staff