Bob Bruce (British Army officer)
Robert Bernard Bruce
|Years of service||1986–|
|Commands held||Royal Scots|
4th Mechanised Brigade
|Battles/wars||War in Afghanistan|
|Awards||Commander of the Order of the British Empire|
Distinguished Service Order
Bruce was commissioned into the Royal Scots on 5 September 1986. He became commanding officer of the Royal Scots in February 2006. and then of The Royal Scots Borderers, 1st Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Scotland as the Royal Scots and King's Own Scottish Borderers merged that year. He went on to be commander 4th Mechanised Brigade in 2011 and was deployed as commander of Task Force Helmand in October 2012. Following his return to the United Kingdom in April 2013, he became Director Combat at Army Headquarters. He was deployed again as Deputy Commander of a multi-national task force in the Middle East in November 2014 and then became Director Capability in the Army Headquarters in November 2015. He became Military Secretary and General Officer, Scotland in July 2017.
- "No. 50702". The London Gazette (Supplement). 3 November 1986. p. 14183.
- "The final days of the old Scottish Regiments". Electric Scotland. 26 May 2006. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Change in Helmand province". Ministry of Defence. 17 April 2013. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Main Programme". International Urban Operations Conference. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Senior Army Commands" (PDF). Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Generals: April 2017" (PDF). Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "The Thistle Summer 2016" (PDF). Retrieved 21 April 2017.
| Military Secretary
| General Officer Scotland