|Born||December 10, 1940|
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Died||May 13, 2022 (aged 81)|
Saginaw, Michigan, U.S.
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
Ciaffone finished third in the 1987 World Series of Poker (WSOP) $10,000 no limit Texas hold 'em main event, winning $125,000. In that same year, he finished fourth in the WSOP $2,500 pot limit Omaha hold 'em event and fifth in the World Series of Poker $1,000 no limit Texas hold 'em event.
Ciaffone was the president of the Michigan Chess Association in 2003, is the author of four books on poker and two books on chess, and has been awarded the Life Master title by both the United States Chess Federation and the American Contract Bridge League.
Ciaffone's total live tournament winnings were $347,106.
- Longtime Card Player Columnist And Poker Author Bob Ciaffone Passes Away
- Poker Coach Bob Ciaffone Now a Democratic Delegate at cardplayer.com
- "Ciaffone, Robert B." at the Political Graveyard
- Obama as president? Professional gamer likes the odds by John Hiner, in MLive on August 28, 2008
- Bob Ciaffone Hendon Mob tournament results