|Born||April 18, 1963|
Bob Cohn is the president of The Atlantic. He was previously the editor of Atlantic Digital, the executive editor at Wired and The Industry Standard, a Washington Correspondent for Newsweek, and the editor and publisher of Stanford Magazine.
As president, Cohn has led The Atlantic to record audiences and profitability. He is responsible for The Atlantic's print, digital, live events, and consulting platforms. He was named to the job in 2014 after five years as editor of Atlantic Digital, where he built and managed teams at TheAtlantic.com, The Wire, and CityLab, and grew the audience ten-fold. He joined The Atlantic in January 2009.
Cohn began his journalism career at Newsweek, where he worked in the Washington, D.C. bureau for 10 years. He covered the Supreme Court and the Justice Department for three years during the presidency of George H.W. Bush, and the Clinton White House from 1993 to 1996. In 1996, he moved to California to be editor and publisher of Stanford Magazine. He then worked two years as executive editor of The Industry Standard in San Francisco, before taking a job as executive editor at Wired magazine, where he worked from 2001 to 2008. At Wired, Cohn helped the magazine find a mainstream following and earn national recognition, including three National Magazine Awards for General Excellence during his tenure.
Cohn helped lead The Atlantic to National Magazine Awards for Magazine of the Year (2016)  and Best Website (2013). The Atlantic was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday in 2016, and to Advertising Age's Magazine A-List in that same year. TheAtlantic.com was a finalist for a National Magazine Award for General Excellence in 2010, 2011, and 2012. During his tenure at Wired, the magazine won three National Magazine Awards for General Excellence. In 1992 he won, with his colleague David Kaplan, the American Bar Association's Silver Gavel Award for coverage of the Supreme Court nomination process.
In 2009, Cohn was named a Huffington Post Game Changer in Media, along with Atlantic editor James Bennet. Washingtonian selected Cohn as one of its “Movers and Shakers Behind the Scenes," while "GQ" picked him as one of “50 Most Powerful People in Washington.”
- "Bob Cohn Named Sole President of The Atlantic". TheAtlantic.com. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- Boyd, E.B. (September 1, 2010). "SO WHAT DO YOU DO, BOB COHN, EDITORIAL DIRECTOR OF ATLANTIC DIGITAL?". Mediabistro. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- "The Atlantic Promotes Three Top Editors". Mediabistro.com. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "The Atlantic Named Magazine of the Year". TheAtlantic.com. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "'Atlantic' Raids 'Wired' for New Web Czar". Portfolio.com. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Magazine of the Year". TheAtlantic.com. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "National Magazine Awards 2013 Winners Announced". Magazine.org. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "The Atlantic Publisher of the Year". Digiday.com. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "Ad Age's 2015 Magazine A-List". adage.com. Retrieved 8 Feb 2016.
- "HuffPost Game Changers: Who Is The Ultimate Game Changer In Media?". The Huffington Post. 29 October 2009. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "50 Top Journalists 2009". Washingtonian. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "The 50 Most Powerful People in D.C.". GQ. Retrieved 22 October 2014.