Bob Lewis (golfer)
|Full name||Robert Lewis, Jr.|
|Born||July 12, 1944|
|Former tour(s)||PGA Tour|
|Best results in major championships|
|Masters Tournament||T40: 1981|
|U.S. Open||CUT: 1978, 1983, 1986|
|The Open Championship||DNP|
As an amateur, Lewis finished runner-up at the 1980 U.S. Amateur and the 1981 and 1984 U.S. Mid-Amateurs. He played on four straight U.S. Walker Cup teams (1981, 1983, 1985, 1987) - all winners. He played on the winning 1982 Eisenhower Trophy team and the 1986 team that finished second.
Lewis captained the 2003 and 2005 Walker Cup teams.
Lewis was inducted into the Northern Ohio Amateur Golf Hall of Fame in 2003.
this list may be incomplete
Results in major championships
Note: Lewis only played in the Masters Tournament and the U.S. Open.
LA = Low amateur
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" = tied
U.S. national team appearances
- Walker Cup: 1981 (winners), 1983 (winners), 1985 (winners), 1987 (winners), 2003 (non-playing captain), 2005 (non-playing captain, winners)
- Eisenhower Trophy: 1982 (winners), 1986
- The Captain[permanent dead link]
- 1980 U.S. Amateur Archived August 27, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- 1981 U.S. Mid-Amateur Archived 2011-07-28 at the Wayback Machine
- 1984 U.S. Mid-Amateur Archived May 14, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- NOGA Open House, Hall of Fame Induction a Success! Archived September 30, 2006, at the Wayback Machine