Bob Marley (comedian)
Robert Cochrane Marley, Jr|
April 4, 1967
Portland, Maine, United States
|Alma mater||University of Maine at Farmington|
|Notable works||The Jorey Pinkerton Program|
Robert Cochrane Marley Jr. (born April 4, 1967) is an American comedian. He has appeared on The David Letterman Show, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, and Comedy Central. He can be seen in the film The Boondock Saints. He also goes by the name "Billy".
He was born in Portland, Maine. He graduated from Deering High School in 1985. Marley then attended the University of Maine at Farmington. However, even in college, he knew that he wanted to pursue comedy as his career.
Marley's comedic bits are mostly about life in Maine. His first television appearance was on Comedy Central. He also appeared as Detective Greenly in the movie The Boondock Saints, and reprised his role as Detective Greenly in The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day.
He has hosted on XM Radio channels 97, Blue Collar Radio, and 99, RawDog Comedy; and, as of 2013, appears weekly on Coast 93.1-WMGX in Portland, Maine, in a segment called "The World According to Bob."
On Thursday, September 23, 2010, at 11:02pm EDT, Marley entered the Guinness Book of World Records with the longest continuous standup routine, beating the record held by Lindsay Webb from Australia. He completed 40 hours of standup comedy, the first 17 hours and 14 minutes without any repetition of material. Marley's record was broken by David Scott on April 30, 2013 with a time of 40 hours and 8 minutes.
- Badly Dubbed Porn
- The Dink Show with Tyler Dama
- Spider Man: Return Of The Mongos
- Late Show with David Letterman
- Late Night with Conan O'Brien
- The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn
- MAD TV
- Prime Time Live with Diane Sawyer
- NBC's Showcase
- Rodney Dangerfield's Comedy Cure on TBS
- Mars and Venus with Cybill Shepherd
- The Martin Short Show
- Comedy Central Presents
- Shorties Watchin' Shorties
- The Late Late Show
- Comics Unleashed
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
- The Breaks (1999)
- The Boondock Saints (1999)
- Liar's Club (2001)
- The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day (2009)
- 3000 Shows Later (1997)
- All New Stuff (1998)
- Up Against the Brick Wall (1999)
- Sold Out! (2000)
- Live at Merrill Auditorium (2001)
- Comedian Bob Marley Live (previously released material) (2002)
- I'm Tellin' You (2002)
- Dude...Don't Be Such a Dink! (2003)
- Greatest Hits Vol.1 (DVD) (2003)
- Put the Boots to 'Er (2004)
- Greatest Hits Vol.2 (DVD) (2004)
- Upta Camp (2005)
- Greatest Hits Vol.3 (DVD) (2005)
- Naughty Pine aka Worldwide (CD/DVD combo) (2006)
- Don't Feed The Native (previously released material) (2006)
- Goin' Up the Faya (2007)
- Big Mouth Bob (CD/DVD combo) (2008)
- Runamuck (2008)
- Maine-iac on the Loose (2008)
- Drop It Haahd (CD/DVD combo) (2009)
- 15 Years In Comedy (box set) (2009)
- Weirdo (2010)
- Minivan Owner (CD/DVD combo) (2010)
- New England's King Of Comedy (2011)
- Guinness World Champ (CD/DVD Combo) (2011)
- Irish Curse (2011)
- Wicked Funny with Greatest Hits Vol.4 (CD/DVD combo) (2012)
- Traveling Hooligan (2013)
- Mouth Farts (2014)
- Down One Nut (2015)
- Wilson, PF (2009-01-15). "Bob Marley-Maine Comedian". Columbus Alive. Archived from the original on 27 July 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- Moye, David (2010-09-24). "No Joke: Comedian Breaks Stand-Up Routine Record". AOL News/The Huffington Post. Archived from the original on 24 January 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- "Longest stand-up comedy show by an individual". Guinness World Records. 2013-04-30. Retrieved 7 July 2013.