|Full name||Robert McCallister|
May 3, 1934 |
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg; 13 st)|
|College||University of Southern California|
|Former tour(s)||PGA Tour
|Number of wins by tour|
|Best results in major championships
|Masters Tournament||CUT: 1966|
|U.S. Open||T21: 1963|
|The Open Championship||DNP|
|PGA Championship||T8: 1965|
McCallister was born in Toledo, Ohio. He later moved to Corona, California and attended the University of Southern California, where he earned All-American honors three times as a member of the golf team — first-team in 1956 and 1957; third-team in 1958.
McCallister won two PGA Tour events during his career, both of which played in California in October. His first win came at the 1961 Orange County Open Invitational. McCallister's second win came at the one and only incarnation of the Sunset-Camellia Open Invitational in 1964. His best finish in a major was T-8 at the 1965 PGA Championship.
Professional wins (5)
PGA Tour wins (2)
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning score||Margin of victory||Runners-up|
|1||Oct 22, 1961||Orange County Open Invitational||−6 (69-70-73-66=278)||2 strokes|| Jacky Cupit, Don Fairfield,
Marty Furgol, Al Geiberger,
|2||Oct 11, 1964||Sunset-Camellia Open Invitational||−3 (69-71-71-70=281)||1 stroke||Pete Brown, Stan Leonard|
Other wins (3)
- Elliott, Len; Kelly, Barbara (1976). Who's Who in Golf. New Rochelle, New York: Arlington House. p. 130. ISBN 0-87000-225-2.
- "Sunset Whitney Country Club-Club History". Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- "All Americans page on SC Trojans Men's Golf website". Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- "1958-1969 All America golf teams from gcca website". Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- "October 22 in Golf History from Golf Business Wire". Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- "Rocklin Golf Courses". Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- "Golf Major Championships". Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- "Charbonneau Golf Club". Retrieved 2009-05-02.