July 28, 1964 |
Trenton, New Jersey
|September 18, 1988, for the Baltimore Orioles|
|Last MLB appearance|
|September 21, 1996, for the Seattle Mariners|
|Earned run average||4.38|
|Career highlights and awards|
Milacki began his career with the Baltimore Orioles, pitching for them from 1988 to 1992. He started three games as a September call-up in 1988, allowing only 2 runs and 9 hits in 25 innings. In his rookie season of 1989, Milacki led the American League with 36 games started, posting a 14-12 record with a career-best 3.74 ERA.
On July 13, 1991, the Orioles defeated the Oakland A's 2-0 on a combined no-hitter. Milacki pitched the first six innings of the game, with no runs on no hits, three walks and three strikeouts. He was pulled from the game after a line drive struck him on the arm, despite the batter being retired when the ball bounced towards first base. Mike Flanagan, Mark Williamson, and Gregg Olson each followed up with a no-hit scoreless inning to complete the no-hitter.
After posting a 6-8 record for the Orioles in 1992, Milacki became a free agent. He pitched a combined 22 games with the Indians, Royals, and Mariners through the 1996 season. In 1997, he pitched in six games for the Kintetsu Buffaloes in Japan.
Since 2001, Milacki has been a minor league pitching coach in several organizations:
- 2001: Hickory Crawdads, Low-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers
- 2002: Altoona Curve, AA affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates
- 2003-2004: Hickory Crawdads, Low-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers
- 2005-2008: Lynchburg Hillcats, High-A affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates
- 2009: Lakewood BlueClaws, Low-A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies
- 2010-2012: Reading Phillies, AA affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies
- 2013-2014: Clearwater Threshers, High-A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies
- 2015-2016: Syracuse Chiefs, AAA affiliate of the Washington Nationals
- "Box Score of Game played on Sunday, April 23, 1989 at Memorial Stadium". Baseball Almanac. Baseball-Almanac, Inc.
- "July 13, 1991 Baltimore Orioles at Oakland Athletics Box Score and Play by Play". Baseball-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
- Smith, Claire (14 July 1991). "Baseball; 1 Game / 4 Arms = Orioles No-Hitter". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- "Bob Milacki - BR Bullpen". Baseball-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
July 13, 1991
with Flanagan, Williamson & Olson