|Full name||Robert R. Panasik|
October 20, 1941 |
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Former tour(s)||Canadian Tour
|Best results in major championships
|U.S. Open||42nd: 1964|
|The Open Championship||DNP|
|Achievements and awards|
Hall of Fame
|Peter Jackson Tour
Order of Merit winner
Robert R. Panasik (born October 20, 1941) is a Canadian professional golfer.
In 1957, at the age of 15, Panasik made the halfway cut in the Canadian Open to become the youngest player ever to play all four rounds in a PGA Tour event, a record which stood until April 2013 when his record was broken by Guan Tianlang. He went on to win the Canadian PGA Championship twice as well as many provincial tournaments in Canada. He also qualified for the U.S. Open on several occasions and represented Canada in three World Cups.
Panasik continued his success as a senior, playing one full season on the Senior PGA Tour (later known as the Champions Tour) in 1994. Back in Canada, he has won the Canadian PGA Seniors Championship three times and the Super Seniors Championship twice.
- 1958 Canadian Junior Championship
- 1959 Ontario Amateur Championship
- 1968 Michigan PGA Assistants Champion
- 1970 Michigan PGA Assistants Champion
- 1972 Canadian PGA Championship, Waterloo Open Golf Classic
- 1973 Canadian PGA Championship, Newfoundland Open
- 1974 Quebec Open, Saskatchewan Open, Alberta Open
- 1975 Alberta Open
- 1979 Ontario PGA Championship
- 1981 Canadian PGA Club Professionals Championship
- 1986 Manitoba Open, Victoria Open
- 1993 Canadian PGA Club Professionals Championship
- 1997 Canadian PGA Seniors Championship
- 1998 Canadian PGA Seniors Championship
- 2001 Canadian PGA Seniors Championship
- 2003 Canadian PGA Super Seniors Championship
- 2004 Canadian PGA Super Seniors Championship
- World Cup (representing Canada): 1972, 1973, 1975
- "Panasiuk devoted to golf". Windsor Star. July 28, 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "Panasik winning with a new name and a new game". Windsor Star. Canadian Press. September 8, 1986. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- Avery, Brett (July 24, 2007). "Little-known 15-year-old turned heads by making cut in 1957". PGA Tour. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "Masters 2013: Guan Tianlang, 14, makes cut despite penalty". BBC. BBC. April 13, 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "Bob Panasik's Hall of Fame profile". Royal Canadian Golf Association.
- "Look at Bob Panasik, the youngest player to make a cut on the PGA Tour". Golf Observer. January 15, 2006. Retrieved 2010-01-17.