Paulson speaking at the opening of the 65th Glengarry Highland Games in 2012
|23rd Commissioner of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police|
November 21, 2011
|Preceded by||William J. S. Elliott|
|Born||1958 (age 57–58)
|Alma mater||Simon Fraser University|
|Occupation||Police, Member of Canadian Forces|
Bob Paulson COM is the Commissioner of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. He previously served as the Deputy Commissioner, Federal Policing from November 2010 to 2011. He replaced the first civilian Commissioner William J. S. Elliott who is currently working with INTERPOL.
Paulson was born in Lachute, Quebec. He joined the Canadian Forces after high school  and served in the ranks for six years. Leaving the Forces in 1984, he spent two years at Simon Fraser University and then joined the RCMP as a cadet in 1986.
Paulson's first posting was to Chilliwack Detachment. He spent the next 19 years in various RCMP postings in British Columbia before being transferred to National Headquarters in Ottawa.
Commissioner Paulson has shown resistance to commenting on proposed changes to the way police deal with marijuana offences. He was quoted as saying "I'm a simple country cop you know. I'm in the business of policing and others are in the business of policy and law.  However, the following year he opined "The people that use drugs are not the people we got to be bothering, right? We’ve got to be sort of helping them."
|Commander of the Order of Merit of the Police Forces (COM)|
|Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal||2002|
|Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal||2012|
|Royal Canadian Mounted Police Long Service Medal||2006|
- Fitzpatrick, Meagan (2011-11-16). "New top Mountie Paulson vows accountability". CBC. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- Hopper, Tristin (2011-11-16). "Bob Paulson took on bikers and terrorists". National Post. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- "Bob Paulson Biography". Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- Crawford, Alsion (2013-12-03). "Pot fine proposal draws no opinion from RCMP's Bob Paulson". CBC. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- Stone, Laura (2014-09-24). "Lunch with RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson: Marijuana use 'not as big a deal as it used to be'". Global. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
William J. S. Elliott
|Commissioner of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
|This Canadian biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This law enforcement biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|