Bob Reynolds (saxophonist)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
September 29, 1977|
Morristown, New Jersey
|Instruments||Tenor saxophone, soprano saxophone, flute|
|Associated acts||John Mayer, Brian Blade, Janek Gwizdala, Snarky Puppy, Ninja Sex Party|
Bob Reynolds is a jazz tenor saxophonist.
Born in Morristown, New Jersey, his family moved to Jacksonville, Florida. He started playing saxophone at age 13 and attended high school at Douglas Anderson School of the Arts with a well-known jazz band. After graduating, he attended Berklee College of Music where he studied with George Garzone and Hal Crook. He has worked with John Mayer, Brian Blade, Aaron Goldberg, Gregory Hutchinson, Tom Harrell, and Snarky Puppy.
His 2006 album Can't Wait for Perfect was voted Best Debut in the Village Voice jazz poll. Reynolds received a Grammy Award with Snarky Puppy in 2017, four ASCAP Young Jazz Composer awards, and Berklee's Billboard Magazine Endowed Scholarship.
- The Bob Reynolds Quartet (2000)
- Live at the Jazz Corner (2003)
- Can't Wait For Perfect (2006)
- Live in New York (2010)
- A Live Life (2011)
- Live at the Blue Whale 1-25-13 (2013)
- Somewhere in Between(2013)
- Déjà Vu (2014)
- Bob Reynolds Guitar Band (2017)
- Hindsight (2017)
- Quartet (2018)
With John Mayer
With Snarky Puppy
Awards and honors
- 4x ASCAP Young Jazz Composer Awards
- Berklee's Billboard Magazine Endowed Scholarship
- 2016: Culcha Vulcha, Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Instrumental Album
- Cool Patrol (CD). Ninja Sex Party. United States: Ninja Sex Party. 2018.