Bob Reynolds (saxophonist)
|Born||September 29, 1977|
Morristown, New Jersey
|Instruments||Tenor saxophone, soprano saxophone,|
|Associated acts||John Mayer, Brian Blade, Janek Gwizdala, Snarky Puppy, Ninja Sex Party|
Bob Reynolds is an American jazz tenor saxophonist. A solo recording artist since 2000, he has been a member of the popular "genre-bending" instrumental group Snarky Puppy since 2014, winning Grammy Awards with the band for the albums Culcha Vulcha and Live at the Royal Albert Hall,. 
Born in Morristown, New Jersey, his family moved to Jacksonville, Florida. He started playing saxophone at age 13 and attended high school at Douglas Anderson School of the Arts with a well-known jazz band. After graduating, he attended Berklee College of Music where he studied with George Garzone and Hal Crook. He has played with John Mayer's band for five years, and has also worked with Brian Blade, Aaron Goldberg, Gregory Hutchinson, and Tom Harrell.
His 2006 album Can't Wait for Perfect was voted Best Debut in the Village Voice jazz poll. Reynolds received a Grammy Award with Snarky Puppy in 2017, four ASCAP Young Jazz Composer awards, and Berklee's Billboard Magazine Endowed Scholarship.
- Live at the Jazz Center (BRM, 2003)
- Can't Wait for Perfect (BRM, 2005), (Fresh Sound, 2007)
- Live in New York (BRM, 2010)
- A Live Life (BRM, 2011)
- Somewhere In Between (BRM, 2013)
- Déjà Vu (BRM, 2014)
- Guitar Band (BRM, 2017)
- Hindsight (BRM, 2017)
- Quartet (BRM, 2019)
- A Message for Mobley (BRM, 2018)
- Runway (BRM, 2020)
With Snarky Puppy
- We Like It Here (Ropeadope, 2014)
- Culcha Vulcha (GroundUP, 2016)
- Immigrance (GroundUP, 2019)
- Live at the Royal Albert Hall,' (GroundUP, 2020)
- Janek Gwizdala, The Space In Between (Gwizmon, 2010)
- John Mayer, Where the Light Is (Columbia, 2008)
- John Mayer, Battle Studies (BMG, 2009)
- Ninja Sex Party, "Smooth Talkin'"
- Jonah Smith, Industry Rule (BGR, 2001)
- Jonah Smith, Beneath the Underdog (BGR, 2003)
- Anthony Wilson, Frogtown (Goat Hill, 2016)
Awards and honors
- 4x ASCAP Young Jazz Composer Awards
- Berklee's Billboard Magazine Endowed Scholarship
- 2016: Member of Snarky Puppy on Culcha Vulcha, Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Instrumental Album
- 2021: Member of Snarky Puppy on Live at the Royal Albert Hall, , Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Instrumental Album. 
- "Bob Reynolds Biography". AllMusic, member of the RhythmOne group. Retrieved 1 March 2020.
- "2021 Grammys Winners: The Full List". NY Times. March 14, 2021. Retrieved 15 March 2021.
- "The Justin Varnes Quartet featuring Grammy Award-Winning Saxophonist Bob Retnolds". The Jazz Corner. March 27, 2018. Retrieved 1 March 2020.
- Cool Patrol (CD). Ninja Sex Party. United States: Ninja Sex Party. 2018.CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) (link)
- "2016 Grammy Winners". Recording Academy. 2017-11-28. Retrieved 1 March 2020.