This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)
Robert William Scheifler
|Born||June 24, 1954|
Kirkwood, Missouri, U.S.
|Alma mater||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Known for||X Window System, Jini|
Robert William Scheifler (born June 24, 1954) is an American computer scientist. He was born in Kirkwood, Missouri. He is most notable for leading the development of the X Window System from the project's inception in 1984 until the closure of the MIT X Consortium in 1996. He later became one of the architects of the Jini architecture at Sun Microsystems.
Scheifler holds a B.S. in Mathematics and an M.S. in computer science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- ^ Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys: X Window System: Core and extension protocols: X version 11, releases 6 and 6.1, Digital Press, 1996. ISBN 1-55558-148-X.
- ^ Bill Venners, Jini Security: A Conversation with Bob Scheifler, Part I, Artima, July 8, 2002].
- 1954 births
- Living people
- People from Kirkwood, Missouri
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology School of Science alumni
- X Window System people
- Sun Microsystems people
- Free software programmers
- American computer programmers
- American computer scientists
- MIT School of Engineering alumni
- American scientist stubs
- American computer specialist stubs