Schreck at the 2012 New York Comic Con.
|Born||February 2, 1955|
|Co-founder of Oni Press
Editor-in-chief of Legendary Comics
|Awards||Inkpot Award, 1990|
Bob Schreck (born February 2, 1955) is an American comic book writer and editor. A co-founder of Oni Press, Schreck worked for long stretches at both Dark Horse Comics and DC Comics. He is currently editor-in-chief of Legendary Comics.
One of Shreck's earliest jobs in comics was working with Creation Entertainment in the early 1980s on their Creation conventions. For much of the 1980s he served as administrative director at Comico Comics.
He left Dark Horse in 1997 and shortly thereafter co-founded Oni Press with Joe Nozemack. Oni's goal was publishing comics and graphic novels the founders would want to read. Unsatisfied with the material that was dominating the industry, they believed firmly that sequential art could be used to tell virtually any story.
Schreck grew up in Levittown, Long Island, New York. Shreck was married for a short period to Diana Schutz, whom he met in the early 1980s while he was with Creation Entertainment. He is openly bisexual.
- 1990: Won Inkpot Award
- 1997: Won "Best Anthology" Harvey Award for Dark Horse Presents
- 1998: Won "Best Anthology" Harvey Award for Dark Horse Presents
- 2002: Nominated for "Favorite Editor" Eisner Award, for Batman and Green Arrow
- Miller, John Jackson (June 10, 2005). "Comics Industry Birthdays". Comics Buyer's Guide. Archived from the original on October 30, 2010.
- Thomas, Michael "Reining in a Dark Horse: An Interview with Diana Schutz", Comic Book Resources, December 20, 2001. Accessed March 17, 2008
- Bob Schreck & Travis Langley (2012, March 17). Focus on Bob Schreck. Panel presented at the Comics Arts Conference, WonderCon. Anaheim, California.
- Thomas, Michael. "The Editor's Editor: The Sub-Genius of Bob (Schreck)". Comic Book Resources. March 15, 2002
- DC Comics Lays Off Editor Bob Schreck, Comic Book Resources. January 23, 2009.
- "Jurassic Park Story Continues in Print Form from IDW".
- ""Batman" producer gets into comic books business". Yahoo News!. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- Schreck profile Archived July 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., Prism Comics (April 10, 2008).
- 1995 Will Eisner Comic Industry Award Nominees and Winners
- 1999 Will Eisner Comic Industry Award Nominees Winners
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bob Schreck.|
|Batman Group Editor