This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Robert Charles Vaughan|
R. C. Vaughan in 2008
|Born||March 24, 1945|
|Alma mater||University of London|
|Known for||Analytic number theory
Hardy–Littlewood circle method
|Awards||Berwick Prize (1979)
Fellow of the Royal Society
|Doctoral advisor||Theodor Estermann|
|Doctoral students||Trevor Wooley|
Since 1999 he has been Professor at Pennsylvania State University, and since 1990 Fellow of the Royal Society. He did his PhD at the University of London under supervision of Theodor Estermann. He supervised Trevor Wooley's PhD.
- The Hardy–Littlewood Method. Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics. 125 (2nd ed.). Cambridge University Press. 1997. ISBN 978-0-521-57347-4.
- Hugh L. Montgomery; Robert C. Vaughan (2007). Multiplicative number theory I. Classical theory. Cambridge tracts in advanced mathematics. 97. ISBN 0-521-84903-9.
- Bob Vaughan at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-08-28.
- Robert C. Vaughan's Home page (includes CV and list of publications)