Wieckowski in 2014
|Member of the California State Senate|
from the 10th district
|Assumed office |
December 1, 2014
|Preceded by||Ellen Corbett|
|Member of the California State Assembly|
from the 25th district
20th district (2010–2012)
December 6, 2010 – November 30, 2014
|Preceded by||Alberto Torrico|
|Succeeded by||Kansen Chu|
|Fremont City Councillor from District A|
December 6, 2004 – December 6, 2010
|Preceded by||Bill Pease|
|Succeeded by||Dominic Dutra|
|Born||February 18, 1955|
San Francisco, California
|Spouse(s)||Sue Lemke (m. 2015)|
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley (BA)|
Santa Clara University (JD)
Robert A. Wieckowski (born February 18, 1955) is an American attorney and politician who currently serves in the California State Senate. A Democrat, he represents the 10th Senate District, which encompasses the central and southern portions of the East Bay.
Wieckowski was first elected to the California State Assembly in 2010 to represent the 20th Assembly District, then the 25th Assembly District in 2012 after redistricting. Before being elected to the Legislature, he served as Vice-Mayor and a City Councilmember in Fremont.
Wieckowski served as chair of the Assembly Judiciary Committee. He was also a member of the Assembly Insurance, Health, and Public Employees, Retirement and Social Security committees.
In his first term in office, Wieckowski passed 24 bills through the Legislature, 21 of which were signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown. He launched the Made in California Jobs Initiative to expand California manufacturing, invest in biotechnology research, and fight for small businesses.
Wieckowski lives in Fremont with his wife, Sue Lemke, and her son Luke. Wieckowski's parents are Gene and Helen Wieckowski.
- "Full Biography for Robert 'Bob' Wieckowski". League of Women Voters. Fall 2000. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
Robert A. Wieckowski was born in the city of San Francisco.
- Barbosa, Jeff (2010-12-06). "Wieckowski Takes Oath as Assemblymember for 20th District". California State Assembly Democratic Caucus (Press release). Archived from the original on 2013-08-15. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
... and his parents, Gene and Helen Wieckowski.
- Official website
- Ballotpedia article on Bob Wieckowski
- Project Vote Smart - Bob Wieckowski
- Wieckowski, Bob (2004-09-24). "Interview with Bob Wieckowski, Candidate for Fremont City Council". Tri-City Voice (Interview). Fremont, California. Retrieved 2013-08-15.