November 26, 1969
Robert "Bob" Wiltfong (born November 26, 1969) is an American actor and comedian best known for his work as a correspondent on The Daily Show on Comedy Central, as well as appearances on Chappelle's Show and Late Night with Conan O'Brien. Wiltfong was a true-life newscaster for 10 years, making him the first correspondent in Daily Show history to have worked as a traditional news reporter. In an interview, Wiltfong revealed that he decided to exit the world of non-satirical journalism after the September 11, 2001 attacks, during which he lost a close friend, cameraman Glen Pettit.
Wiltfong has won 4 regional, individual Emmys for television performance and has been nominated for 14 others. He was part of The Daily Show's 2004 winning submission for the prestigious Peabody Award and was featured on the election year wrap up DVD put out by Comedy Central. He was a member of Neutrino, an improv comedy team in New York City. Additionally, Wiltfong has been featured in national commercials for AOL, Microsoft, Staples, Domino's Pizza and other corporate interests.
In 2010, Wiltfong was selected to star in a national ad campaign for Nationwide Insurance, playing the Nationwide spokesman in a series of nationally broadcast television commercials that aired throughout 2010.
- "Bob Wiltfong at Hollywood Improv". Hollywood Improv. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- Friedman, Jon (2009-01-27). Rejected: Tales of the Failed, Dumped, and Canceled. Random House Publishing Group. ISBN 9780345513243.
- S, Danielle (2005-03-24). "The Kentucky Democrat: My Exclusive Interview with Bob Wiltfong". The Kentucky Democrat. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- "Meet Our Leadership Team | Business Writing Consultants". www.hurleywrite.com. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- Stewart, Jon; Colbert, Stephen; Bee, Samantha; Corddry, Rob; Helms, Ed; Carell, Steve; Wiltfong, Bob; Comedy Central (Firm); Paramount Pictures Corporation (2005), The Daily show with Jon Stewart: Indecision 2004. Disc 3, Disc 3, Paramount Home Entertainment, ISBN 9781415705407, retrieved 2019-02-21
- "Matt Obert & Bob Wiltfong". www.columbia.edu. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- "Ask for it by name: Bob Wiltfong for Nationwide Insurance - McKinney". mckinney.com. 2010-02-23. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- Bob Wiltfong on IMDb
- Bob Wiltfong :: Actor, Writer, Comedian Official site
- Fong-O-Rama Bob's Official Fanlisting
|This biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|