||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Bobby Andonov|
|Also known as||BOBI|
28 August 1994 |
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|Genres||Blue-eyed soul • Pop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Musician|
|Instruments||Vocals, Piano, Guitar|
|Years active||2014 – present|
|Labels||Hollywood (U.S.) London Police (U.S.)|
|Associated acts||George Michael, John Newman|
Early life and career beginnings
Andonov was born on 28 August 1994 in Melbourne, Australia, from Macedonian parents originating from Strumica, Macedonia. Andonov has performed since the age of six, when he started dancing and singing in his hometown, Melbourne, Australia then at the age of nine, he starred as Danny Zuko in a junior production of Grease the musical and after rave reviews from his family and friends, decided on his life path. His aunt, noticing his talent, encouraged Andonov to audition for Disney's Broadway Music The Lion King and Andonov was selected from 5000 applicants to be one of four Young Simbas in Melbourne and Shanghai, China.
At the age of fourteen Andonov got the opportunity to represent Macedonia at Junior Eurovision 2008 in Cyprus. Out of 15 countries he came fifth. In 2010 Andonov was composing and recording songs for an upcoming EP. He attracted the attention of Medici Music (Paul Morgan) and recorded two songs to be released in 2010. That same year, at the age of 16, Andonov entered for a Australia's Got Talent and impressed all three judges with his great voice his Australia's Got Talent audition reaching over 15 million views. In 2010, Andonov met R&B singer, Usher with the help of music guru, Molly Meldrum who flew Andonov to Sydney to meet him, during his promotion tour in Australia.
In early 2014 Andonov wrote two songs in a new haunting and provocative Australian feature film THE DREAM CHILDREN directed by Robert Chuter. He is currently writing songs for his debut project while also writing for other artist’s. Andonov has worked on Dj Afrojack’s debut album Forget the World which features the track “Born to Run,” co-written by Andonov, featuring Tyler Glenn lead singer from the band Neon Trees and also co-wrote Australian Dj Joel Fletcher’s latest single “State Of Emergency”. Andonov also co-wrote and co-produced the 2015 The X Factor Australia winner's single "Stone".
Production and writing credits
- "Born To Run" (Afrojack featuring Tyler Glenn, 2014) - Co-Writer
- "State Of Emergency" (Joel Fletcher, 2015) - Co-Writer
- "Stone" (Cyrus Villanueva, 2015) - Co-Producer & Co -Writer
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
- Bobby meets Usher 2010
- Peak positions in Australia:
- For all except noted: Hung, Steffen. "Discography Cyrus Villanueva". Australian Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- For "Hold Back the River": Ryan, Gavin (24 October 2015). "ARIA Singles: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis 'Downtown' Still No 1". Noise11. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- For "Rumour Has It": "australian-charts.com - ARIA Chartifacts 9-November-2015". Gavin Ryan (bulion) on Hung Medien. 8 November 2015. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- For "Knockin' on Heaven's Door": Ryan, Gavin (14 November 2015). "ARIA Singles: Adele 'Hello' Spends Third Week at No 1". Noise11. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- For "In the Air Tonight": Ryan, Gavin (28 November 2015). "ARIA Singles: 'Hello' Is No 1 Again". Noise11. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- For "Jealous": Ryan, Gavin (5 December 2015). "ARIA Singles: Adele 'Hello' Spends Sixth Week at No 1". Noise11. Retrieved 5 December 2015.