Bazini performing at the 2014 Music & Movies: CFC Gala & Auction Fundraiser 2014
|Birth name||Bobby Bazinet|
|Born||May 6, 1989|
Mont-Laurier, Quebec, Canada
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, harmonica|
|Labels||Universal Music Canada|
Bobby Bazini (born Bobby Bazinet May 6, 1989) is a French Canadian singer-songwriter from Mont-Laurier, Quebec, Canada. He has released three studio albums and is currently signed to Universal Music Canada.
2009–2011: Better In Time
Bazini's first single, "I Wonder", was released in 2009 and stayed eight weeks on the Top 3 of ADISQ. His debut album, Better In Time (2010), peaked at No. 4 on the Canadian Albums Chart and was certified platinum by the CRIA with over 80,000 copies sold. Warner Music Group subsequently acquired the rights to his album and distributed it internationally.
2012–2014: Where I Belong
When the time came to craft his second album, Bobby Bazini took the trip of a lifetime when he grabbed his guitar, loaded up his car, and left a small Montreal suburb for the Golden State to record with music producer Larry Klein. Where I Belong (2014) was recorded with some of Bazini's favorite musicians, including Booker T. Jones (organ), Jack Ashford (percussion), and Jay Bellerose (drums), which resulted is an album of live-sounding folk/country and soul songs, released through Universal Music Canada.
Where I Belong topped the charts in Canada and was certified platinum with more than 100,000 copies sold, reaching this threshold within the year of release, making it the best-selling Canadian album of 2014.
In June 2014, Bazini performed at the Montreal International Jazz Festival to an audience of approximately 60,000.
2015–present: Summer Is Gone
For his third studio album, Summer Is Gone (2016), Bazini worked with songwriters and producers like Jake Gosling (Ed Sheeran), Martin Terefe (Jason Mraz, James Blunt), and Eg White (James Morrison, Adele). Pop Magazine lists Summer Is Gone among the Top 50 Albums of 2016.
Bazini performed at the Stanley Cup 125th Tribute Concert in Ottawa, Ontario, on March 17, 2017.
|2010||Better In Time||4||
|2014||Where I Belong
|2016||Summer Is Gone
|2009||"I Wonder"||—||3||Better In Time|
|2013||"Cold Cold Heart"||—||—||Where I Belong|
|2016||"C'est la vie"||72||—||Summer Is Gone|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
Awards and nominations
|2011||Juno Awards||New Artist of the Year||Bobby Bazini||Nominated|||
|Pop Album of the Year||Better In Time||Nominated|
- "The JUNO Awards". JunoAwards.ca.
- "Bobby Bazini was the only Canadian artist to sell over 100,000 units domestically in 2014". Billboard.com.
- "Best Of 2016". pop-mag.com.
- "Metric, The Sheepdogs, Bobby Bazini & Kevin Bazinet to perform at Stanley Cup 125th Anniversary Tribute Concert - Canadian Tire Centre". Canadiantirecentre.com. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "Les frères Bazinet-Bazini en duo". TVA Nouvelles, June 7, 2015.
- "Billboard Canadian Albums: Top Albums Chart". Billboard.com.
- "Canadian album certifications – Bobby Bazini – Better in Time". Music Canada.
- December 2010 Gold & Platinum Certifications Archived 2011-07-06 at the Wayback Machine
- "Canadian album certifications – Bobby Bazini – Where I Belong". Music Canada.
- Bliss, Karen (January 27, 2015). "Nielsen: Canada Loved Taylor Swift, Streaming Music and, Yep, Vinyl in 2014". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- "On The Charts". Fyimusicnews.ca. November 21, 2016.
- "Bobby Bazini – Chart History: Billboard Canadian Hot 100". Billboard. Archived from the original on December 29, 2019. Retrieved December 29, 2019.