Life and career
Bobby Cohen was born on February 8, 1970 in New York state. Cohen's parents are both attorneys. After graduating from Cold Spring Harbor High School in 1988, Cohen attended and received a degree from New York University.
Cohen worked as an assistant at the Writers & Artists Agency. At the age of 23, Cohen joined Miramax Films where he worked his way up to Senior VP of Production. During that time, he contributed to movies like Clerks, Scream and Beautiful Girls. His first producing credit was for 54, which was mildly received. Cohen produced several other movies for Miramax before leaving in 2003.
After Miramax, Cohen started his own production company, Cohen Productions. Cohen's company produced the Gwyneth Paltrow movie, View from the Top. Following that, Cohen became president of Red Wagon Productions, where he was executive producer on such projects as Jarhead and Memoirs of a Geisha. After leaving Red Wagon, Cohen went on to produce such films as Definitely, Maybe for Working Title/Universal Pictures and Revolutionary Road for DreamWorks.
- The Chancellor Manuscript (in development) – executive producer
- Tokyo Suckerpunch (in development) – executive producer
- Don't Let Go (2019) – producer
- Now You See Me 2 (2016) – producer
- Now You See Me (2013) – producer
- People Like Us (2012) – producer
- Cowboys & Aliens (2011) – executive producer
- Revolutionary Road (2008) – producer
- Definitely, Maybe (2008) – executive producer
- RV (2006) – executive producer/producer
- Memoirs of a Geisha (2005) – executive producer
- Jarhead (2005) – executive producer
- Bewitched (2005) – executive producer
- Happy Endings (2005) – co-producer
- View from the Top (2003) – producer
- Bounce (2000) – co-producer
- Down to You (2000) – executive producer
- The Cider House Rules (1999) – executive producer
- Rounders (1998) – executive producer
- 54 (1998) – executive producer
- Miska, Brad (April 18, 2017). "'Mean Creek' Director Time Travels in 'Only You'". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved July 27, 2017.