Bobby Dyer (politician)
|25th Mayor of Virginia Beach|
|Assumed office |
November 20, 2018
|Preceded by||Will Sessoms|
|Member of the Virginia Beach City Council,|
July 1, 2004 – November 19, 2018
|Preceded by||Margaret L. Eure|
|Succeeded by||Sabrina Wooten|
|Born||1950 (age 69–70)|
|Education||Saint Louis University (BS)|
Fairleigh Dickinson University (MPA)
Regent University (PhD)
Robert M. "Bobby" Dyer is an American politician currently serving as the Mayor of Virginia Beach, Virginia. Prior to being elected mayor, Dyer served as a member of the city council for 14 years. Dyer has also been a physical therapist for over 40 years and a professor of government at his alma mater, Regent University. He won the November 2018 election for mayor despite being outraised by his opponent Ben Davenport nearly 5 to 1.
Dyer is running to keep his spot in the November 2020 election; on June 9, 2020, Jody Wagner announced she is running for the seat; Dyer's previous opponent, City Councilman Aaron Rouse, ended his campaign on May 30, 2020.
- "A new mayor has been elected in Virginia Beach, Bobby Dyer". 13 News Now. November 6, 2018. Archived from the original on November 17, 2018. Retrieved January 29, 2019.
- Skelton, Alissa (November 16, 2018). "Councilman Bobby Dyer is becoming mayor of Virginia Beach. Here's how he intends to lead". The Virginian Post. Retrieved January 29, 2019.
- Skelton, Alissa (October 27, 2018). "Who will become the next mayor of Virginia Beach?". The Virginian Post. Retrieved January 29, 2019.
- Skelton, Alissa (November 6, 2018). "In Virginia Beach mayor's race, longtime councilman will become the new mayor". The Virginian Post. Retrieved January 29, 2019.
- "Jody Wagner announces run for Virginia Beach Mayor". WTKR. June 9, 2020. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- Arianna Herriott (May 30, 2020). "Virginia Beach City Councilman Aaron Rouse ends campaign for mayor". WTKR. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
| Mayor of Virginia Beach
2018 - present
|This article about a mayor in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|