Ghosh in 2017
Starting in 2016, Ghosh was editor-in-chief of the Hindustan Times. He was previously managing editor of the business news website Quartz and TIME Magazine's World Editor. He is an American national and was the first immigrant to be named World Editor in TIME's more than 80 years. He has previously been TIME's Baghdad bureau chief, and one of the longest-serving correspondents in Iraq. He has written stories from other conflict areas, like Palestine and Kashmir. He has also worked for Time Asia and Time Europe and has covered subjects as varied as technology and football (like his very famous article about Lionel Messi), business and social trends. He started his career as journalist with Deccan Chronicle, a popular English daily, at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India. His Baghdad journalism has included profiles of suicide bombers and other terrorists, stories about extraordinary Iraqis and also political figures.
Author of provocative Time magazine article related to the cover "Is America Islamophobic?" mildly titled "Does America Have a Muslim Problem?" when US attention to the building of a mosque near Ground Zero led the news.
- Anand, Alok (June 2, 2018). "Bobby Ghosh: First Non-American TIME Magazine's World Editor; Covering Middle-East and Much More". Acadman.in. Retrieved December 20, 2018.
- Roush, Chris (July 9, 2018). "Bloomberg Opinion makes three hires". Talking Biz News. Retrieved December 20, 2018.
- "Bobby Ghosh; Bloomberg Opinion Editor". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved December 20, 2018.
- KK, Sruthijity (May 2, 2016). "Sanjoy Narayan Is Leaving Hindustan Times, Bobby Ghosh To Be Named Editor-In-Chief". HuffPost. Retrieved December 20, 2018.
- Massella, Nick (June 10, 2014). "Time International's Bobby Ghosh Joins Quartz as Managing Editor". Media Bistro. Archived from the original on June 16, 2014. Retrieved December 20, 2018.
- Thompson, Caitlin (2008-03-18). "Bobby Ghosh — TIME World Editor". TIME. Retrieved 29 May 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-04-07. Retrieved 2011-04-04.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)