Bobby Jackson (basketball)
Bobby Jackson in 2015
March 13, 1973 |
Salisbury, North Carolina
|Listed height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Listed weight||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school||Salisbury (Salisbury, North Carolina)|
|NBA draft||1997 / Round: 1 / Pick: 23rd overall|
|Selected by the Seattle SuperSonics|
|Number||13, 24, 8|
|2006–2008||New Orleans / Oklahoma City Hornets|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NBA statistics|
|Points||7,344 (9.7 ppg)|
|Rebounds||2,347 (3.1 rpg)|
|Assists||1,945 (2.6 apg)|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Bobby Jackson (born March 13, 1973) is an American retired professional basketball player.
Bobby Jackson graduated from Salisbury High School in 1992. He attended Western Nebraska Community College and the University of Minnesota before being selected by the Seattle SuperSonics with the 23rd pick in the 1997 NBA draft. As a Golden Gopher, Bobby Jackson led Minnesota to the Final Four, where they lost to the Kentucky Wildcats. He was traded to the Denver Nuggets prior to his rookie season where he played 68 games before moving on to a more familiar place in Minnesota where he donned a Timberwolves jersey for two seasons. He had his best years in Sacramento where he played for the Kings from 2000 to 2005 where he was known as "Action Jackson" and a crowd favorite. A former Sixth Man award winner, Jackson suffered an abdominal strain early in the 2004–05 season that forced him to miss 51 games.
On July 29, 2008, it was reported that Jackson would be traded by the Rockets back to the Sacramento Kings along with Donte Greene, a 2009 first round draft pick and cash consideration in exchange for Ron Artest (now Metta World Peace). The trade was completed on August 14, due to Greene's rookie contract signing on July 14.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Gallagher, Ronnie (July 13, 2001). "NBA star Bobby Jackson comes back for old friends, good hoops". Salisbury Post. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Stein, Marc (2008-07-30). "Rockets agree to send pick, Greene, Jackson to Kings for Artest".
- "KINGS ACQUIRE DONTÉ GREENE, BOBBY JACKSON AND A FUTURE FIRST-ROUND DRAFT PICK FROM HOUSTON". NBA.com. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- Former Kings guard Bobby Jackson calls it a career
- Keith Smart, Bobby Jackson join Kings
- Mike Malone tells assistant Kings coaches they will not be retained
- Wolves hire Jackson, promote David Adelman