Bobby Kennedy for President
|Bobby Kennedy for President|
|Directed by||Dawn Porter|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||4 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||58–65 minutes|
|Original release||April 27, 2018|
Bobby Kennedy for President is an American documentary television series that focuses on Senator Robert Kennedy and his political rise in the 1960s. The four-part first series was released on Netflix on April 27, 2018.
The series, run by director and executive producer Dawn Porter, looks at Kennedy's political lore, including his 1968 presidential campaign, which ended with his assassination on June 5, 1968. The show uses archival footage during Kennedy's time as Attorney General and Senator, as well as conversations he had with his brothers, President John F. Kennedy and Senator Ted Kennedy.
In addition to archival footage, the show interviews dozens of individuals who, at one point, were in Kennedy's circle, including Rep. John Lewis, Dolores Huerta, Harry Belafonte, Marian Wright Edelman, and William vanden Heuvel.
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"A New Generation"||April 27, 2018|
|Robert F. Kennedy works on his brother John F. Kennedy's presidential campaign.|
|2||"I'd Like to Serve"||April 27, 2018|
|Following his brother's assassination, Kennedy is elected to the US Senate.|
|3||"You Only Get One Time Around"||April 27, 2018|
|Kennedy begins his run for president, until he is assassinated at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles three months into his campaign.|
|4||"Justice for Bobby"||April 27, 2018|
|After Kennedy's assassination, his family, friends, and supporters mourn, and his murderer stands trial.|
- Gilbert, Sophie (2018-04-30). "'Bobby Kennedy for President' Captures an Awkward Icon". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- Morfoot, Addie (2018-03-16). "Netflix Nabs 'Bobby Kennedy for President' Documentary Series (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- Lowry, Brian (April 26, 2018). "'Bobby Kennedy for President' adds to rich trove of Kennedy lore". CNN. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- Fienberg, Daniel (April 25, 2018). "'Bobby Kennedy for President': TV Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- Hale, Mike (April 26, 2018). "Review: In 'Bobby Kennedy for President,' a Don Draper of Politics". The New York Times. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- Holpuch, Amanda (2018-04-27). "Bobby Kennedy: Netflix documentary shines a light on his relevance". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- Campbell, Christopher (April 27, 2018). "Netflix's Bobby Kennedy Documentary Reveals Stark, Tragic Truths About An American Political Dynasty". Thrillist. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
|This article relating to a non-fiction television series in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|