Bobby Militello at Blue Note Jazz Club
|Birth name||Robert Philip Militello|
|Born||March 25, 1950|
Buffalo, New York, U.S.
|Associated acts||Maynard Ferguson, Dave Brubeck|
Robert Philip Militello (born March 25, 1950) is an American jazz saxophonist and flautist who was a member of the Dave Brubeck Quartet.
During the 1970s, Militello went on tour with Maynard Ferguson. He returned to Buffalo in the early 1980s and worked as a freelance musician. He moved to Los Angeles and spent the rest of the 1980s and early 1990s as a member of orchestras led by Bill Holman and Bob Florence. He toured and recorded with Dave Brubeck from 1982 to 2012. He leads a quartet that performs concerts dedicated to Brubeck.
- 1993 Heart & Soul (Positive Music)
- 1993 Easy to Love (Positive Music)
- 1993 Straight Ahead (Positive Music)
With Dave Brubeck
- 1991 Quiet as the Moon
- 1996 To Hope! A Celebration
- 1997 So What's New?
- 1998 The 40th Anniversary Tour of the U.K.
- 1999 Hold Fast to Dreams
- 1999 The 40th Anniversary Tour of the U.K
- 2000 Dave Brubeck: Live with the LSO
- 2001 The Crossing
- 2001 Double Live from the U.S.A. and U.K.
- 2002 80th Birthday Concert: Live With the LSO
- 2002 Park Avenue South
- 2003 Classical Brubeck
- 2005 London Flat, London Sharp
With Maynard Ferguson
- 1976 Primal Scream
- 1977 Conquistador
- 1977 New Vintage
- 1978 Carnival
- 1979 Hot
- 1981 Maynard
- 1982 Let's Stay Together, Jean Carn
- 1987 The Bill Holman Band, Bill Holman
- 1988 Body Lines, Rick Strauss
- 1988 This Is for You, Emiel van Egdom
- 1990 Treasure Chest, Bob Florence
- 1991 Strollin' , Charlie Shoemake
- 1992 50th Anniversary Celebration, Kenton Alumni Band
- 1992 Something Cool, Cheryl Bentyne
- 1994 Better Place, Jeff Jarvis
- 1995 Brighter Days, Ken Navarro
- 1995 Contents Under Pressure, Jeff Jarvis
- 1997 A Collection of Great Standards, Michael Civisca
- 1997 Hybrid Groove, Emiel van Egdom
- 1997 Singin' & Swingin' , Nancy Kelly
- 2004 I'd Like You for Christmas, Mary Stahl
- 2006 Midnight in Manhattan, Lisa Hilton
- 2007 After Dark, Lisa Hilton
- 2008 Jazz for Peanuts, David Benoit
- 2017 Remembering Mark Murphy, Nancy Kelly
- Yanow, Scott. "Bobby Militello". AllMusic. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- "Bobby Militello Quartet to highlight works of jazz legend". Niagara Gazette. June 12, 2017. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- "Bobby Militello | Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
|This article about a jazz saxophonist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|