Bobby Smith Trophy
|Bobby Smith Trophy|
|Given for||Scholastic Player of the Year|
|Most recent||Thomas Harley|
The Bobby Smith Trophy is awarded annually to the Ontario Hockey League Scholastic Player of the Year, who best combines high standards of play and academic excellence. The trophy is named for Bobby Smith, a former Ottawa 67's player. It is symbolic of the high standard of excellence that Smith displayed on the ice, as well as in the classroom, during his outstanding junior career. Each team's nominee for the award becomes a member of the OHL Scholastic Team of the Year. The award is selected by a committee of OHL educational consultants, and by the director of NHLCentral Scouting. Each recipient is nominated for the CHL Scholastic Player of the Year award.
List of recipients of the Bobby Smith Trophy.
- Blue background denotes also named CHL Scholastic Player of the Year
- Marcel Robert Trophy – Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Scholastic Player of the Year
- Daryl K. (Doc) Seaman Trophy – Western Hockey League Scholastic Player of the Year
- List of Canadian Hockey League awards
- "OHL Awards". Ontario Hockey League. Canadian Hockey League. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- Bell, Aaron, ed. (2013). 2013–14 OHL Media Guide. Ontario Hockey League. p. 140.