||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Bobby Trendy attending a FiFi LeRoux Fashion Show at Ritual in Hollywood
May 22, 1979 |
Valencia, California, USA
|Occupation||Interior decorator, designer, television personality|
|Known for||Links with Anna Nicole Smith, television appearances|
Trendy grew up in Northern California, and his parents had a computer software background. Trendy worked at Kmart as a cashier and Wendys and Dennys. During high school he took every after school class available, and was able to obtain a cosmetology license. Graduating with top honors and scholarships, Trendy went on to study to be a doctor and defense attorney before becoming a designer. At the age of 17 he packed up his bag and moved to a single apartment in Beverly Hills with his savings.
The Anna Nicole Show
Anna Nicole Smith hired Trendy to decorate her new house and made him an instant star by featuring him in her highly rated show. After one day of taping, Trendy told the producers not to pay him and that he would do the show for free. Trendy also bought commercial air time. When the pink "Anna Nicole bed" appeared on the show, Trendy sold 225 units in one day at $15000 each causing his site to crash. Anna Nicole didn't want to do merchandising, so Trendy took that up on his own and sold the famous pink bed and pillows and bedding all done in house. He kept all revenue from the sales. HSN approached Trendy to sell his line but after visiting HSN headquarters in Clearwater, Florida, a deal was not struck.
Following the death of Smith, Trendy gave numerous press interviews, including appearances on CNN, Fox News and The Howard Stern Show. In an interview with Michael Musto of the Village Voice, Trendy said:
"Anna Nicole Smith made me famous. I'm the most famous designer in the world and I'm forever grateful to her. I just made the call to ask about buying her a star on the Walk of Fame! She was the breadwinner of the family. Howard K. Stern led her in the wrong direction by isolating her from other people."
Current career and TV work
Trendy has been highlighted in the tabloid media for his extensive use of costumes and makeup during public appearances.
Trendy has done many shows and interviews. Trendy appeared on Lifetime's "Merge" as a decorator, "The Anna Nicole Show", "Nancy Grace", "Dr. Phil", "Hanity and Combs", "Howard Stern", "Yes Dear", "How did you get so Rich" with Joan Rivers, "The Faboulus Life" on VH1, "Celebrity Homes" on E!. Trendy also participated in online debating with Deeyoon.com against Nadya Suleman aka Octomom while she was in rehab for Xanax in 2012 and in 2013 he appeared in an episode of "The Ben Show" with Ben Hoffman on Comedy Central.
Trendy currently designs dresses, jewelry and is still providing interior design services.
Trendy organized a candlelit shrine at Cedars-Sinai hospital shortly after Britney Spears's admittance there. "The pop star had been hospitalized at the center after an hours-long standoff involving her two sons. Police were called to Spears’s home earlier in the evening after she refused to return her son, Jayden James, to his father, Kevin Federline, as arranged by their custody agreement. Spears, reportedly under the influence of an unknown substance, was taken from her home on a gurney and transported to Cedars-Sinai in an ambulance."
Trendy won an Emerging Designer of the Year award from the EOTMs (Entrepreneurs on the Move). EOTM acknowledges and celebrates achievements and performances in business, philanthropy and the arts.
- Los Angeles Business Journal
- "Cover Girl Anna Nicole Smith Dead of Unknown Causes". CNN. 2007-02-08. Retrieved 2007-05-24.
- "WHO'S HER DADDY?". 2007-02-14. Retrieved 2007-05-24.
- Musto, Michael (2007-02-16). "La Dolce Musto". The Village Voice. Retrieved 2007-05-24.
- "Anna Nicole Smith furniture to be auctioned by Julien's in Las Vegas". Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, California: Los Angeles Times. 2010-05-28. Retrieved 2015-03-04.
- "Bobby Trendy: Anna Loved the Lip Gloss!". TMZ.com. Los Angeles: TMZ. 2007-03-11. Retrieved 2015-03-04.
- "Bobby Trendy to "Star" in Anna Movie". TMZ. West Hollywood: TMZ. 2007-04-14. Retrieved 2015-03-04.
- "'Vanderpump Rules' To Include Bobby Trendy On Several Episodes". Inquisitr. Beverly Hills. 2014-10-27. Retrieved 2015-03-04.
- Morgan, Emily (2008-01-04). "Bobby Trendy connects Britney and Anna Nicole". Muckety. Beverly Hills: news.muckety.com. Retrieved 2015-03-04.
- Towle, Andy (2008-01-04). "BOBBY TRENDY HOLDS "VISUAL" FOR BRITNEY SPEARS". Towle Road. Retrieved 2015-03-04.
- "Farrah Abraham Wins An EOTM Award For Best Inspirational Literature; Lands 'Girls And Corpses' Magazine". Reality Tea. Los Angeles. 2013-08-05. Retrieved 2015-03-04.