Boca Express Train Museum
Boca Raton Florida East Coast Railway Station
The Florida East Coast Railway Station in Boca Raton was renovated as the Count de Hournle Pavilion, and then became the Boca Express Train Museum
|Location||747 South Dixie Highway|
Boca Raton, Florida United States
|Architect||Chester G. Henninger|
|Architectural style||Mediterranean Revival|
|NRHP reference No.||80000959|
|Added to NRHP||24 October 1980|
The Boca Express Train Museum, operated by the Boca Raton Historical Society, is housed in a restored 1930 Florida East Coast Railway train station in Boca Raton, Florida. designed by Chester G. Henninger, built for Clarence H. Geist. It is located at 747 South Dixie Highway, off U.S. 1 (Federal Highway). On October 24, 1980, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The Museum contains two restored and unique 1947 Seaboard Air Line streamlined rail cars, a dining and a lounge car, built by the Budd Company and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Boca Express Train Museum also includes a 1946 Atlantic Coast Line caboose and a 1930 Baldwin steam switch engine.
The Boca Raton Historical Society put the Train Museum up for sale in 2017, saying that maintaining two historic buildings (the other is the Society's home, Boca Raton's first city hall) is draining the nonprofit's resources.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 9 July 2010.
- Baitinger, Brooke (11 December 2019). "Brightline station coming to Boca Raton by 2021". South Florida Sun Sentinel. Retrieved 29 December 2019.
- bocahistory.org http://www.bocahistory.org/tours-train-museum/. Retrieved 22 June 2016. Missing or empty
- Shatzman, Marci (26 April 2017). "Bid deadline set for Boca's historic train depot". West Boca Forum. Sun-Sentinel. p. 3.
- Palm Beach County listings at National Register of Historic Places
- Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs
- Media related to Florida East Coast Railway Passenger Station at Wikimedia Commons
- Boca Express Train Museum - Boca Raton Historical Society