Boca Raton News
The Boca Raton News, owned by the South Florida Media Company, was the local community newspaper of Boca Raton, Florida. The paper began publication December 2, 1955, with a startup circulation of 1200, published by Robert and Lora Britt, and edited by Margert Olsson. Initially a weekly publication, it later began daily operation.
The paper was formerly owned by Knight Ridder, who sold the paper to Community Newspaper Holdings in 1997. CNHI sold the News to Michael Martin in 1999. Martin sold the paper to Neal R. Heller and Arthur Keiser in 2001. Craig Swill bought the paper in 2005.
The Boca Raton Historical Society maintains a searchable digital archive of issues of The News from 1970 through 1995.
- "Boca Raton News - December 2, 1955 - Vol. 1 No. 1 - Page 1"[permanent dead link][permanent dead link] (PDF). Boca Raton Historical Society archives Archived September 4, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Archived February 4, 2004.
- "Letters to the editors" (see left side of page for masthead). The News (Boca Raton, FL). pg. 12A. July 19, 1996.
- Knight-Ridder closes on sale of Boca Raton News
- Roberts, Gene; Kunkel, Thomas; Layton, Charles, eds. (2001). Leaving Readers Behind: The Age of Corporate Newspapering. Fayetteville: University of Arkansas Press. ISBN 1610752325.
- Two Local Investors Purchase Boca Raton News
- Boca News gets new digs
- "Boca Raton News Closes" Archived August 27, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.. Sun-Sentinel. August 21, 2009.
- Furnari, Jack; Lyons, Doug (August 21, 2009). "RIP -- The Boca Raton News" Archived 2011-10-20 at WebCite. Sun-Sentinel:Talk Back South Florida blog. ()
- Norman, Bob (August 21, 2009). "UPDATED: Boca Raton News Shut Down" Archived 2011-10-20 at WebCite. Broward-Palm Beach New Times: Daily Pulp. ()
- "Boca Raton Newspapers Collection: Boca Raton Historical Society News The Pelican Weekly Tattler" Archived September 4, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Boca Raton Historical Society.
- Boca Raton News (Archive)